happy birthday! | kageyama tobio

word count: 764
genre: not angst
notes: this was done in a hurry, forgive me for any mistakes

[🔱]

[Name] stood with her hands stuffed into her coat's pocket. It's in the middle of December and winter is making its way to the country. It's not like she wanted to stand out in the cold - but she had to.

Her eyes stared out into a wide view of runways, with small lights that lit up to show paths.

[Name] tilted her head upwards, looking up into the night sky. There were a few stars, but that wasn't what she was looking at. She was actually searching for a particular object - a plane and not a just an ordinary plane. Most planes are white, but this one wouldn't be.

Of course, she wasn't alone. There were a couple of people around her and the one thing she could tell is that they were all here with the same reason as her.

After a few minutes, [Name] could hear a sound and it gets louder as the object making the sound draws closer. She could finally see it - the plane and it is about to land. [Name] could hear the joyful cheers of the people around her.

The plane landed a couple of feet away, maintaining a secure distance from the people as to not injure them. Soon after, people exited from the plane. All of them were men - with tall and muscular bodies wearing green and brown stripes costumes. Everyone quickly swarmed them and [Name] soon followed.

Some of them had found the person they were searching for. It was clear because they gave them hugs and lots of kisses and [Name] hoped she could do the same.

She kept on searching, hands clasped together as she glances at every man she passes by. But the person she was looking for was nowhere to be found. Her heart dropped instantly.

Where is he? Why hasn't he shown up yet? [Name] thought.

There was still no sign of him and there were less people climbing out of the plane now. Her eyes starts to hurt as tears are about to form within her tear ducts. Despite shaking her head, she keeps on praying in her heart and mutters of prayers left her lips.

Please.

Just then, someone just appeared and he was the last person to climb out of the plane. The person wore an arm support bandage. [Name]'s eyes immediately recognized the straight black hair, even more when those familiar dark blue orbs met with hers.

She ran up to him and engulfed her arms on his shoulders, also being careful not to put pressure on the broken arm. He returned the hug by placing one of his hand on her waist and [Name] could feel his face buried into her [hair colour] locks.

           "I missed you, Tobio." You said, trying to stifle a sob.

           "I missed you more." The man named Tobio replied.

She was the first to let go of the hug. Her eyes rested on his dark blue pupils for a few seconds, before averting her eyes to one of his arms.

           "Oh, come on," [Name] sighed, softly tracing her finger on the bandage, "you broke your dominant arm. You can't cut the cake like this."

           "Then, I'll just let you cut the cake for me, [Name]." Tobio said as he placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

Finally, she could feel the softness of his lips on her skin once again. However, it still wasn't enough to cure [Name]'s heart - she has longed for his presence for nine months.

She cupped his soft cheeks then slowly brings her face closer to plant a chaste kiss on his lips. Tobio lets himself melt into her passionate kiss. To be greeted with her lips after a harsh nine months in the army and battlefield, it tells him that he has finally made it back to safe haven.

[Name] didn't want to end the kiss, but she had to slowly part for air.

           "Happy Birthday, Tobio." She whispered as she gazes into his eyes and then entangles her hands with his. [Name] could feel his strong grasp between her fingers and the feeling was mutual - both of them did not intend to let go.

           "Let's spend the rest of the night with celebrations." [Name] glanced at him as they leave the airport.

           "Let's." Tobio smiled.

Despite him having a broken arm, Tobio returning from the military in one piece is already enough for her - even though with a broken arm, but that will heal. They were blessed and [Name] felt absolutely grateful for it - because Tobio gets to spend another birthday.