azumane asahi

"C'mon, Asahi! We're going to miss lots of good foods!" [Name] exclaimed, sprinting towards a huge entrance made out of wood and resembled an arch, adorned with festive decorations

"We're not." Asahi told her, making his way casually to where she is. "We still have time."

But [Name], being the impatient and always-hungry girlfriend she is, she made her way to Asahi again and grasped his wrist. She pulled him forward, making him almost stumble in the process as the [hair color] haired girl strode towards the entrance to the New Year's festival in town.

It was still early in the evening, but the place was already packed with people. The foods in the festival were irresistible which made [Name]'s stomach grumble and her mouth drooled every time her eyes land on them. She had made sure to not eat anything for the whole day just for the sake of trying the foods. In the end, she ended up buying so many. However, Asahi wasn't taken aback by his girlfriend's large appetite. Well, he was at first. But soon, he became infected.

After having a blast with their little culinary adventure, they made their way to the nearest park, in search for a place to sit and rest. They had been walking for hours without stopping and both of their legs began to show signs of fatigue.

It didn't take long for them to find an empty bench. Walking hand in hand together, with [Name] guiding Asahi, she hurried towards the bench and they both sat down at the same time. The park was starting to get crowded too and they felt glad being able to get one before somebody else does.

"I'm so stuffed~" [Name] clutched her stomach. "I don't think I'll be able to walk home." She joked.

"Eh? I'll give you a piggy back ride home." Asahi glanced with a concern look.

[Name] giggled. "No way, I won't let you be the only one burning calories. I need to burn calories too."

She leaned onto Asahi's broad shoulder and Asahi rested his head on hers. They shared a comfortable silence for a while, but [Name]'s eyes wander at the night sky. She wasn't really searching for stars since they were invisible from the blinding lights radiated by the festival. But she was waiting for something to happen.

[Name] glanced at her wristwatch - 23:59. It's now less than a minute to midnight. People are starting to crowd the park. [Name] was nervous - her palms began to sweat and she could only hold the wild churns in her stomach by biting her lip continuously.

What she's about to do the next minute, she only got one shot.

Then, [Name] heard a high-pitched sound from a distance, like something was being shot into the sky. Realizing what it is, she lift her head without warning from Asahi's shoulder, almost startling the latter as she did. [Name] turned to face Asahi and he stared at her with a bewildered look.

"W-what is it?" He inquired.

[Name] ignored his question and only placed her hand on his cheek, her [eye colour] hues deeply gazing into his brown ones. Asahi tried his best not to fidget or stray away. There was this tight feeling in his chest because of his heart beating really fast. His hands began to sweat excessively.

[Name] brought her face closer to him, slowly closing her eyes in the process. Despite the internal war of emotions raging inside him, Asahi leans closer and does the same thing - he closes his eyes. The next thing they felt was their lips on each other and at the same time, the fireworks exploded into the night sky, adorning it with bright colours.

The two kissed for a while, in the midst of the ongoing firework show. Despite the loud noise, they didn't feel disturbed. The lights dancing in their eyelids as their kiss got deeper and intimate, making the sound of the fireworks barely audible since it had transcended into their hearts.

As much as they want for their lips to stay that way for a moment longer, [Name] could not hold her breath and slowly parts away.

Asahi opens his eyes once again and was met with his most favourite sight in the world - her smile. "Happy Birthday, Asa-chan." He heard her say. "That's my gift to you. First kiss of the New Year."

He personally finds the nickname she gave him cute - because even though he hears it all the time, he still blushes. It wasn't just the nickname, but also in the way her voice pronounced it too.

"Thank you, [Name]." Asahi closes his eyes as he rested his forehead on hers and whispered the words, "I love you."

"I love you too." A genuine smile made its way to [Name]'s lips.