seigneur terraces. | yamaguchi tadashi

word count: 1812
genre: it's fluff, definitely
notes: trying to be aesthetic here / seigneur terraces (n.) café customers who spend a lot of time at tables but spend little money

[🔱]

every afternoon working as a part time bartender is just a series of repetitive actions – serve customers, make their coffee, clean the counter, or refill the cup when he's called. some people might call it monotone, since this café's customers aren't that many, but at least enough to keep the place running.

the sound of jazz music flooded from the speakers, giving off a relaxing ambience. somehow, it makes people stay for long – in other words, more refill and orders.

yamaguchi likes to listen to the jazz music played in this café, even he downloaded some of them in to his phone since he found it suitable for studying. it also erases his from any boredom. but he has always been the one to take work seriously. he can't help but sometimes think of his college assignments in the midst of work. he could also hear them calling from home, and as much as he wants to go back to do them now, he has to wait until his shift is over.

which is 8:00pm, still three hours away.

he can make it. he always does. he is tough.

sighing, he slouched on the counter after wiping it with a white tablecloth. the customers were busy talking amongst themselves, currently no calls for any new orders. people love to come here – the old, the young – maybe it's because the café is decorated with mostly old-school furniture and displays, giving out that vintage feel.

the random faces of the male college students somehow bored him. he ignored the guys that he thinks are handsomer than him. then again, he couldn't quite maintain his gaze at the group of girls across him. one of the bartenders who worked with him would compliment how hot they all were, but yamaguchi had to apologize, they're not his cup of coffee.

his eyes scanned around the café, and slowly, his gaze fell on a specific figure sitting near the half-misty floor-to-ceiling window.

it was one of the tables in the corner, and he wondered whether she is one of the those people who love to hide themselves in the corner of the room.

but yamaguchi had seen her.

and he thinks she's cute.

he couldn't figure out how long she had been in the café. but judging from the small coffee cup beside her, she could have been here for a few hours.

she was pretty busy. on the table, there were a couple of papers and her laptop. her hands were shaped like paws by the end of her oversized sweater's sleeves, and her fingers continuously typing. there was a frown around her eyes, a clear sign she was deeply concentrating.

the other girls around were pretty with their make-ups, but she was prettier even with panda eyes and somewhat pale lips.

"who're you looking at, yamaguchi?"

one of his co-worker suddenly asked. he appeared from behind and almost scared yamaguchi.

"um ... i wasn't looking at anyone, really," he lied.

his friend hummed and narrowed his eyes suspiciously, not believing a word yamaguchi said.

"she's also our regular costumer, you know."