happy birthday! | akaashi keiji

word count: 2472
genre: prank, light comedy
notes: first akaashi fic!

[🔱]

It has been one hell of a hectic week for Akaashi Keiji, the handsome, dark-haired male who played the setter position in the volleyball team. He absolutely doesn't know what's happening around him, and why he feels everyone was acting differently.

Keiji let himself fall onto his bed, letting out a small, weary grunt. His head is about to explode. He couldn't even have a good weekend because of the massive home work assignments given by the homeroom teacher. There were so many thoughts in his mind and most of them are bugging him.

He reached for his phone in his pocket and began texting to his girlfriend.

Me:
[Name]-san
23:30

It didn't take to long for her to reply.

.sunshine:

Yes, Keiji?
23:31

Me:
Why is the world so mean to me?
23:31

.sunshine:
What do you mean?
23:32

Me:
I'm so stressed right now. So many home works and Bokuto-san's moody-ness is not making it any better.
It keeps up all night, I wondered what I lacked. We've been playing volleyball for the whole year and just this week, he said my sets aren't right. Also he keeps whining about his missing kneepads it's driving me insane. I feel like not going to school tomorrow.
23:33

After he sent the text message, he buried his face onto his pillow and continued to make incoherent noises as he waits for her reply.

Unbeknownst to Keiji, her girlfriend couldn't stop giggling to herself as she watch her boyfriend crumbling.

"Hahaha, yes, he's stressed." She said. "I can't believe it actually worked."

She replied.

.sunshine:

Maybe because it's the end of
the year, we have many home works ¯\_(._.)_/¯

I'm sure Bokuto-san forgot where he put it.
He'll find it soon.

No, you have to come to school Keiji,
you might miss something in school.
23:34

Me:
Yeah, I hope Bokuto-san finds it. Fast.
You're right. I will go to school tomorrow.
23:34

.sunshine:

Okay, then get some sleep now!
Tomorrow's Monday 😊

Good night Keiji :*

Me:
Good night [Name] {}

She reads the last text message before finally dozing off to sleep.

7 days prior to Keiji's birthday.

As a student, [Name] had always been on time arriving to school - never late, but never too early. Except for today.

[Name] had to wake up a couple of minutes early, whether she liked it or not. [Name] slammed her feet onto the freezing floor as she forcefully drag herself out of her bed and trudged towards the bathroom to take a shower. It's winter and the cold is unforgiving and to make matters worse, it's Monday out of all days.