Brown Eyes

I pull my leg up by face and count to thirty. I am in our ballet room in my house doing exercises since the new rink I am at hours are a bit different. They don't have skating in the afternoons on some days so I skated early this morning my six hours and now have the rest of the day to do exercises and school.

I finish my stretching and exercises and go up stairs to do some writing assignments. I can't help but get distracted my mind wondering some place it shouldn't be.

I wonder where Kace was this morning. Not that I was looking. Ok maybe I was. He probably only works in the afternoons.

My mind drifted to when I saw him the other day.

I just got finished with my skating session and was stretching on the side of the barrier and I saw Kace on the other side of the rink following behind an older gentleman. I think the older gentleman was explaining something to Kace but Kace seemed to be not paying much attention. He was looking around and spotted me. He smiled and did a gesture with his hand as to say hello.

I smiled back.

He started to word something to me but the older gentleman turned back to talk to Kace and Kace immediately turned his attention to the old man and pretend to be listening intently. When the older man turn away from for a second Kace made a face like he was in pure agnony at me which I giggled at. This went on through the whole time Kace was being taught by this man. We communicated through just our facial expressions which was quite amusing since Kace had a very expressive face. Mine were more on the confussed or laughing face.

I shook my head as I came out of the daydream and looked down at my empty essay paper. Better get to work.

I was intently into writing into my paper when I feel pressure beside me on the bench. I am too focused on not forgetting my train of thought to acknowledge the person sitting beside me.

"That must be something very interesting for you not to look up at a hunk like me."

Kace, of course. I roll my eyes at his comment though not disagreeing. I finish the sentence on my page and look up at Kace beside me.

"Sorry I have to get this done for my tutor tomorrow and I really hate English."

"I don't know how anyone can hate English." Kace looks at me dobfoundedly, "I actually I don't know how anyone can hate any school subject. Except maybe Home ect."

I shake my head, "Your crazy. Home Ect. is the easiest class ever."

Kace scrunches his nose, "You mean all that baking and knitting? No thank you. Give me geometry any day."

I laugh, "Your such a nerd."

Kace shrugs and gives one of those heartbreaking smiles, "You have your thing, I have mine."

He jumps off the bench, "I should go before Mr. Scrooge comes back. Don't work too hard."

He winks and walks off. 

My memory ends as I lower my leg from it's stretch. I don't know why this boy is taking so much of my thoughts lately but I need to stop or else I'll end up like Kat. I shutter and finish up my stretches.

..................

It's the next day and I've finished a pretty good skating day. I landed most of my jumps and did a clean program. My coach didn't scream at me as much as he usually does.

Chainsmokers was bursting through my earphones as I did a fast paced run around the outside of the rink. I needed to get my fitness up and I chose to run instead of waiting around for my ride.

I feel someone come up running beside me. I glance over to my right and see Kace trying to say something to me.

I slow my pace a bit and take out an earphone, "Excuse me?"

"Race you!" And Kace takes off running. I shove my earphone in my ear and quickly follow. No way I would let a boy beat me. I catch up to him and he notices trying to pick up his pace but I am right on him. At this point we are both sprinting, pushing our bodies to the limits. As we turn to the front of the building we both mentally come to understanding that the other side of the front of the building is our finish line. Though we both are pushing our bodies to the fastest, the drive to win the competition overcomes logical speed. He pull ahead by a nose and I don't know where I get the strength, maybe it's the years of jumping doubles, but I pull ahead at least a foot and reach the finish line.

We both slow down completely out of breathe otherwise I would be cheering and rubbing it in Kace's face. Getting up from having my hands on my knees, I see Kace is collapsed on the grass that is ahead of where we finished. I slowly walk over forcing myself to take deep breathes knowing that moving will help me recover quicker.

Breathing is slowly getting easier as I stand above Kace.

"I can't believe I gotten beaten by a girl!" Kace wheezes out.

I know he's joking but still act hurt, "Hey! I'm not just any girl!"

I barley here Kace mutter, "I know that." he quickly loudly says, "I am going to have to have a rematch. I can't let my manliness be hurt like that."

I don't think much about the first comment as I lower myself beside Kace on the grass. Laying down I turn my head to face his head laying on the grass. I raise an eyebrow, "Manliness? Didn't know you had any."

He looks deep into my eyes as we lay there looking at each other. He brings his hand to his heart to show what he was going to say next was a joke but his eyes told a different story.

With mock hurt he said, "Do you really think so little of me, Chesa?"

The way my name rolled of his tongue made me breathe faster and it wasn't from the run. I didn't count how long we looked at each other, couldn't have been more than a few seconds but for me looking into those deep brown eyes felt like a lifetime.

"HONK!"

And just like that the spell was broken. Kace and I quickly sat up and noticed Drake, my driver, was here. Feeling slightly embarrassed of the intense moment before I only glanced in Kace's direction hoping he wouldn't notice my blossoming pink cheeks.

"Bye, Kace."

I heard a soft a bye returned from Kace. From his soft goodbye I wondered if he was as dazed as I was from that intense stare. As I get into the car and it started to drive away, I wanted so much to glance and see if Kace was still sitting in the grass. I know I would be with so much that happened and so much I felt within a few minutes. I know for a fact my brain was still laying on that grass staring into those brown eyes. Those gorgeous brown eyes.