Skate this Rink

You know that feeling when something is bothering you so much you would rather inflict a numbing pain then deal with the constant annoying other thing?

Well that's exactly what I am feeling. My frustration levels are to the roof with a controlling Mark and hovering parents. I want to bang my head at the table I'm at. I am sitting at the rink taking a lunch break from school while my mother is sitting on other side of the table on the phone gossiping with one of her friends.

I look over to see her picking at her perfectly manicured nails with her expensive iphone pressed against her ear. "Well if he doesn't have the audacity to acknowledge she actually took the time to at least think about putting effort in then I don't know why she is still with him." I rolled my eyes at my mother's "drama". I stare down at my sandwich and sigh. Out of boredem I look around the rink even though I've seen it a million times before. Me eyes catch with the all familar brown eyes. My breath catches and I sit up a little straighter.

Kace who is standing in his all handsome glory by the rink front desk smiles and gives a timid wave. I give him a half smile and move my hand up slightly in a up position to wave back. I quickly move my eyes to my mom to see if she caught any of that. Thankfully she was too inthralled in her conversation.

My eyes search and find Kace turned back to working. I mentally sigh and good back to focusing on my lunch. One good thing about being with Mark, and by one I mean ONE, is that he convinced my parents to give me my phone back. Though Mark uses it to reminding me of our deal and make his demands of me as his "girlfriend", I don't mind too much because I get to talk to Kace.

I can't help but look up and find Kace. I am busy studying him, creepy stalkerish I know, when a force plops down beside me.

"So how's lover boy?" My friend Kat says with a smirk across her face.

"Shhh!" I look over at my mom quickly before whispering, "You know exactly how lover boy is."

Along with texting Kace I've been keeping Kat updated with my love life if that's what you can call it. More like dramatic emotional lifetime roller coaster.

Kat reaches over a steals one of my carrot sticks, "Ugh come on anything new? I mean everything was so interesting! I mean I use to have the exciting like but now I go to you for my drama dosage."

I roll my eyes and pull my carrot stick away before she steals them all, "I'm so glad my life is SO entertaining for you." I say with a load of sarcasm, "And you know about Mark so it's not like anything could happen."

"Ugh! Mark!" Kat makes a face, "Seriously need to murder that boy. Can we poison him and say he died from hairspray intoxication?"

"I wish." I agree.

"But seriously!" Kat whines, "He is messing with my fangirling over Chase! The cutest couple to walk this earth! Well, to skate this rink."

I hit Kat as a warning that she needs to keep her mouth shut with my mom so near. She shrugs and pops a carrot stick into her mouth. How she managed to get my carrot sticks back I have no idea.

Kat's eyes suddenly light up massive. I know I should brace myself for something crazy.

"Hey you haven't seen Kace because Mark has been using his knowledge to his advantage and forbid you to see him, right?" Kat asked even though she knew to answer.

"Ya, and my parent's have been monitoring everything I'm doing, why are you reminding me of this?" Is she trying to make me feel worse?

"Weellll, Lets say you want to sleep over an old friends house for the night with no parents and no Mark and that friend is nice enough to let you "visit" another friend while she covers for you." Kat says her face lighting up with this brilliant idea.

My whole face lights up as my spirit lifts, "Really? You would do that?"

"Of course! You get a break from your parents and get away from Mark with a good excuse and have a fun night while I get my dose of romance." Kat scoffs, "Everyone's happy."

"Kat I don't know what to say." I couldn't believe she would do something like this for me.

"Don't say anything. Well, yet. Of course we are going to chatting over your date! Plus I would do anything to see you happy. And now Kace owes me." Kat finished with a smirk.

I just laugh at her and feel the joy spreading through my heart. I couldn't believe I had such a great friend.

..................

I collapse on my bed after a hectic day at the rink. I was finally alone. These days the only peace I find is when I'm in my room. I look over at the clock to see that Kace would be off work and at home studying. I take out my phone and find the Chat name with the hearts and kissy faces.

Chesa: "How's studying? :)"

I get up to change. Just after I pull on a comfy shirt I hear a ding. I quickly pick up my phone.

Mark: "Hey Babe ;)"

I look at the message in disgust then throws my phone on my bed. I go over to put on some pajama pants and undoes my hair. I get on my bed and cuddles into my blankets. I am halfway through watching a youtube video on how to become like your cat wheI get a notification poping up that Kace texted back. Quickly I clicked into it, being like a cat long forgotten.

Kace: "Boring. :/ But now I have a great excuse for a break ;)

I smiled.

Chesa: "And that is???"

Kace: "A pretty girl is talking to me. I can't afford to loose that opportunity! :O"

Chesa: "True, you never know when that is going to happen again. ;D"

Kace: "Ha Ha, well maybe I wasn't talking about you."

Chesa: " :| :| :|"

Kace: "Kidding! KIDDING!"

Kace: "You're beautiful <3"

Chesa: "*blushing face* <3"

Chesa: "So... What you doing Friday evening?"

I sat there in my bed nervous.  I had no clue why.  I knew Kace liked me so I didn't need to be nervous for asking him out yet here I was. Nervous as heck. 

Kace: "Umm.... ? Studying. fighting with mom and brother, missing you, the usual."

I took a breath.

Chesa: "Well what do you say we do something?"

I sent the message. I saw on my messager that it showed 'Kace's typing' then it went blank then back to 'Kace's typing'.

Quickly I went to typing, explaining.

Chesa: "Kat offered me to sleep over and covering for me to go out with you."

Kace: "Really?"

Chesa: "Ya"

Kace: ":D :D :D"

Chesa: "So Kace Erin will you go on a date with me?"

Kace: "Chesa, nothing would make me happier."

Chesa: "Phew, that was nerve wrecking."

Kace: "Now you know how we guys feel!"

Chesa: "*roll eyes* Oh! by the way you owe Kat. She said so herself."

Kace: "Why do I feel like that is a bad thing?"

Chesa: "Cause it is ;D Last time I "owed" Kat it ended in me soaking wet getting chased and yelled at her by her nieborgh."

Kace: "Yikes! :/"

Chesa: "Rethinking it?"

Kace: "Nah, you're worth it ;)"