Creepy Guy

I got home and went straight to my room. I changed out of my skating clothes and showered. Just as I was getting dressed I heard a knock on my door. I open my door to find Chelsea, our maid. Now, my mother calls them "assistances" because she likes to think that she does everything in the house (which she doesn't) but we all know what the "assistances"  are really.

"Your father request that you come down for dinner." Chelsea informs me.

A confused look comes across my face. We never have family dinner on week days. Our family dinner is usual on Sundays and that is only if dad is in town.

"Thank you, Chelsea." She nods her head once and then walks off. I make my way down stairs while trying to figure out why we would be having family dinner in the middle of the week. As I'm nearing the dinning room I hear voices. Unknown voices.

I enter the dinning room to find two strange men, my mother and father standing around talking.

It takes my father a couple of seconds to realize I'm there, "Ah! Here's my daughter now."

They both look at me. They're both wearing suits so I'm guessing this is a 'Come and meet my great family! Now use my company' business dinners. Yay! I'm ecstatic (note sarcasm). I smile at the them, being the good daughter I am.

"This is Mr. Tanker-" My father gestures to an older man who defiantly looks like a business man with his expensive suit on and his hair, well what was left of his hair, back out of this face. He defiantly had a business man type of face.

"-and this is Mr. Jaskin." The younger one, or Mr. Jaskin, also had a suit on but wore it more casually with the jacket unbuttoned and his top button on his shirt undone. His hair was a little more messy, a few pieces were hanging off on his forehead. He must get a lot of attention from the ladies with his looks. Not that he would good any attention from me, I'm not into that kind of look. Or any kind of look if it has male all over it.

"And this is Chesa." My father motioned to me and both the men smiled. The younger one gave me a look up and down and made a weird smile. Creep.

"Her name means Greatness." Thanks mom. They need to know that.

"Beautiful name." Mr. Tanker, the older one, comments while Mr. Jaskin is still looking my way.

"Yes, hopefully she'll live up to it," My father comments, "She is training to be one of the top figure skaters in America."

"Oh wow, a hard working young lady I see." Mr. Tanker smiles at me, "Will I see you in the Olympics one day?"

I answer, "Hopefully." as the same time my dad says, "Yes".

Well no pressure there.

We are informed that dinner is ready and we all take our seats. The conversation goes onto business and I kind of zone out. Me and my mom would be included in the conversation here and there but we basically just stayed quiet most of the time.

I sat there quietly eating my vegetarian meal, that's in curtsy of my mom controlling all my meals so I am not a vegetarian by choice but the thought of eating animals doesn't rub the right way either.

I try not to let the younger business man staring bother me while I eat but it was getting on my nerves. I wish I could be up in my room listening to music and finishing my homework but no, I have to sit there and eat while a creeper is staring at me.

"So you don't give any money to any charity or profit organizations?" I overhear Mr. Tanker ask my dad. I snort in my head, like my dad ever gives money away to anyone.

My dad clears his throat before answering, "Actually we sponsor the less fortunate students for college. Education is very important to my company and so we thought we could give the less fortunate students the opportunity to study somewhere where they wouldn't be able to afford. If they have the right qualifications of course." Ha! I bet he made that up! I've never heard of this and my father isn't one to give away money quietly.

"Well that's good to hear. I'd love to meet some of these students." Mr tanker answers back. All I think is smart man.

"Of course." My dad says pleasantly though his face says he's not to happy about now having to pay a student a way trough college. I just want to laugh. Serves him right.

I surprisingly survived the rest of dinner even though there was a part when my mom started bragging about me. I hate it when she does that. I just wanted to bang my head on the table. Not that I am not proud of my accomplishments but I just don't want her going to tell everyone about them especially when she makes me sound better than I am. I really would like it if someone could just judge me on being me, not some rich girl and perfect in figure skating and school that my parents paint me as.

They finally left, the creep guy and all. So glad to be out from under his gaze. I swear I'm gunna have nightmares.

I went up stairs and did my homework that my tutor gave me.

I go to bed fairly early because I have to be at the rink at six in the morning. Plus I do love my sleep but who doesn't?