Telling the Best Friend

"Siiiggghhhh" I say as I collapse on Kat's bed feeling happy and in utter bliss.

"So what happened? Did he kiss you? Oh Goodness I bet he kissed you!" Kat asks a million questions a second while I'm still in Lala land from my date with Kace, "Come on Chesa I need the details!"

I sigh again as I look off into nowhere, "It was perfect..."

Kat plops down on the bed next to me which makes me sit up and lean against the bed frame. Kat sits there expectantly waiting for me to tell her everything about my evening out.

"Well I along the pier and saw him. He was waiting leaning against the pier edge wearing Jeans and a button up shirt which wasn't button at the top and the sleeves rolled until his forarms-"

"Ugh, I love when guys do that!" Kat exclaims inturpting me.

"I know! Anyway after I got over how good he looked, I saw he had a white rose."

"Awwwweee!" Kat cooed holding a hand to her chest.

"Wait for the best part!" I say excitedly as I am getting more into the story, "He said 'A white rose for my Ice queen.'!"

Kat collapsed on the bed holding her heart, "I think I'll die from cuteness!"

I giggle at her and playfully hit her with a pillow which makes her giggle. She then turns onto her stomach and places her elbows on the bed resting her head in your hands, "What happened next?"

I take the pillow into my lap as I try and remember everything that happened, "I asked him if he has been there long and he said he hasn't. Then we started to walk towards the carnival while he told me all the things we could do." I was about to continue when Kat put up her hand.

"Wait, if he just got there how did he know of all the things you guys could do?" Kat said.

Hmmm how did he? I thought.

"Unless! He got there early to make sure everything was perfect for you guys!" Kat squealed. I squealed in reaction to her squealing.

"Do you think he did?" I asked unsure.

"Well did he seem like he knew where everything was?" Kat asked.

"Yes."

"Then he totally got there early to check it out! Man he must really like you to put in so much thought." Kat said thoughtfully.

My heart fluttered in my chest at the thought of Kace worrying about our date going perfect so him planning everything. I'm glad I can talk to Kat about this so I can not miss a single detail.

"Okay soooo..." Kat said expectantly.

"Oh right," I continue with my date overview, "We got play games and we are very competitive but it's fun at try same time. We are playing this one racing game where it's us and like 5 other people. Me and Kace are neck and neck the whole race and my horse pulls in front of his the last second and I beat him! He was SO not impressed with loosing to me." I laugh remembering his face.

"You go girl! Shame he must have not been liked being beat especially on a date!" Kat laughs almost as if she was in the moment seeing Kace herself.

My giggling does down, "Anyway I got a huge teddy while he got a little bitty teddy!" Kat laughed at that, "So I decided to be a Good Samaritan give him the big teddy."

"How kind of you." Kat said.

"Plus explaining that teddy to my parents might be a bit hard."

"True, true."

"Anyway after that he took my hand in his-"

"Awe!!"

"I know I know!"

"Tell me you guys kissed!" Kat cried out.

"Unfortunately not." I replied, "There is not kissing in this story." Kat moaned in protest and I felt the same disappointment, wishing he would have but I kind of understood.

"I think Kace is just trying to be respectful and it's not all about the physical, you know?" I explained to Kat.

"I know." Kat grumbled, "But it would have been nice if he did."

I sigh, "I feel ya."

I continue with the story, "He took my hand a we went to watch the for breather! Which was quite freaky and had me jumping back in Kace quite a few times..."

Kat gave me a look saying 'was that the only thing getting you into Kace's arms'. I laughed out loud because I knew it wasn't. Even if we watched a cute dog show I would find something to make me jump in Kaces arms. Those strong arms.... focus Chesa!

"Anyway we got food after that. Oh! And funnel cake! Kat funnel cake is the best thing on this planet. Sweet deep fried battery powdery sugary goodness!" I exclaim remembering it.

"Wow I'm impressed. He got you to eat something that has no nutritional value what so ever." Kat joked.

I roll my eyes, "Having it once won't kill me. And if you watched all those documentaries on what sugar and all that processed stuff does to your body you'd be cautious too!"

Kat put a finger to her chin pretending to think before saying, "Nah, I think I'll stick to eating chips on the couch." Kat then squeals because I throw a pillow at her.

"Okay enough about food, lets get to the main part of the meal." Kat said metaphorically.

I look at her queerly since she just used a food metaphor defying her first part of that sentence. I decided to ignore it and continue, "Well then we realized the sun was about to set,"

"Ohhhhhh."

"And we wanted to make it to the Farris Wheel before it did."

"Romantic!"

"SO he took my hand-"

"AHH!"

"Which mine fit perfectly into his if I may say so." I added, "He payed for us."

"Gentleman."

"And we sat down him putting his arm around me-"

"Ekk!"

"-so I could feel his warmth and Kat, he was so close I'm surprised didn't feel my heart bounding."

Kat sighed looking dazely at me.

"Wait, that's not the best part... The Farris Wheel started to move and me, never having been on one, wasn't aware of the feeling so I squealed and pushed into Kace for safety and he tighten his arm around me! Then as we reached the top the sun was going down and I leaned my head on his shoulder!" I rushed the ending excitedly making sure not to get interrupted.

"AHHH !" Kat screamed before dramatically falling backward onto the bed, "You've killed me with cuteness!"

I giggle before and collapse next to her in equal death to cuteness.

"Kat, I really think this is the one." I whisper.

Kat stares at me before suddenly bursting up jumping on the bed hitting me with a pillow repeated saying, "MY BEST FRIEND IS IN LOVE ! MY BEST FRIEND IS IN LOVE."

I laugh trying to stop the attacking pillow.

Suddenly the door of Kat room opens, "KATTERNA EVERGLEN! You better quiet down this instant! It's twelve fourthy-five in the morning! Go to bed!" Kat's mom barges in and yells at us. Kat immediately sits on the bed while I sit up.

"Yes Ma'am." We both say then stay silence as her mom barges out. We listen to her foot steps retreat. Me and Kat look at each other and giggle. Kat turns out the light and we get under the covers.

We are both settled and quiet. Then Kat whispers, "Chesa your falling in love."

I guess I am.