Icy Dance

Duh Duh Duh, Duh Duh Duh, Duh Duh Duh.

I feel the beat of Ed Sheeran's Shape of You as I stand with my arms crossed at the edge of the dance floor In my strapless blue formal dress. My body wanting to move to the beat of the song but my subborness won't let me. I can't show I am enjoying myself at all this night.

I am at this event with the horrible Mark. I just can't stand being in his presence since our last encounter. And I'm defiantly going to show no reason for him to act that way towards me again, even if that means saying only one word to him the whole evening.

Speak of the devil... Mark comes up to stand next to me at the edge of the dance floor.I ignore him and admire everyone dancing on the huge magnificat dance floor with a huge glass window acting as a wall on the other side looking out unto a lake. It was beautiful, I had to admit.

Mark held out a drink of what looked like punch to me, while I just looked straight ahead ignoring him. I knew I had to acknowlegde him sometime so I looked to the drink, my eyes never once looking to his face. I stared at the drink thinking if I should accept it. After a long hesitation I took the drink from his hand with a sigh. I went back to looking out onto the dance floor ignoring his ignorant butt.

He didn't seem bothered also looking out onto the dance floor standing next to me. He took a drink of his punch.

"Do you want to dance?" He had the nerve to ask. I would laugh in his face if I wasn't brought up properly. No way I would give him a chance anywhere close to my body. No telling what he would try.

Unfortunately I knew I had to answer this pig, "No thank you." I said straight. Still no eye contact made. You just have to make it through the night Chesa, I say to myself.

"Come, there are people I want you to meet." Mark literally grabs me by the waist and pulls me to the people he wants me to meet. I grind my teeth together to not say something that I will regret. Mark introduces me to a couple which I politely make social conversation with and the evening continues on like that. Mark taking over and me just standing there looking pretty.

As it gets later in the night Mark starts hanging out with some work buddies while the party starts to wind down most couples leaving and the dance floor is pretty much clear except for a few drunken fools. Which discusted me out since I'm sure most of them weren't legal to drink yet, at least in a America. I was even more disgusted that Mark was amongst the guys cheering the guys foolishly dancing. I have a feeling they had a different kind of punch. I was sitting slouched in a seat at our table just wanting to go home.

I was busy thinking of how I would enjoy being in my bed at this moment when I heard my name.

I look over to see Mark attention on me with some of his other buddies also looking my way.

"Chesa! Baby!" Mark says way more enthousatic then normal Mark. Oh no, I think, I do not know how to deal with intoxicated people.

He starts to make his way towards me and I try to ignore him. He comes to stand in front of me and grabs my hand.

"Dance with me!" He says and even though he is intoxicated he pulls my dead weight up to him. His unexpected strength catches me off guard as I am flinged into his arms.

He laughs and with my face inches from his mouth I can smell the alcohol clearly making me turn my face a cough from the fumes.

I try to pull away but drunk Mark doesn't like that and keeps me close. So next thing I do is try to reason with him.

"Mark I'm in no mood to dance. I just want to go home." I say in all seriousness. Intoxicated Mark is not fazed as he against my will pulls me on to the dance floor.