At the End of Time

4 months later...

Slip!

My blade goes from under me and I find myself sliding on the ice. I lay down on the ice and my body shakes as I laugh.

"Chesa !" I hear a female voice say in a humorous yet chastising voice.

Suddenly I feel cold snow spray over my face as lay on the ice. My hands go up in defense though it's too late. I look up to see my smiling coach looking down at me with her fists playful on her hips.

"So you can land a triple salchow triple toe loop but fall in your step sequence?" She questions as she is looking down and my still lazy form. I just shrug my shoulders as she rolls eyes her eyes. She then takes the ice off her blade and throws it in my face.

"Hey!" I giggle.

"Get up and unfortunately you are going to have to do your program again for that silly mistake." Sam, my coach, states as she goes to set up my music again.

"So does this mean I can fall on my triple-triple and not my step sequence this time?" I call after her as I get to my feet.

"I wouldn't prefer you fall on nothing but yes. I would rather you fall on your triple-triple like every other skater and not your step sequence so I don't look like an unskilled coach." Sam calls over her shoulder.

I follow behind her as she reaches the music box swiping my music disc again. "Well, you said it." I state. I see her head snap up to me at that statement. Playful murder flashing across her face. I quickly skate away to go stand in my starting position. I skate as my music starts and I see Sam grumpily look at me, still sulking about my comment. As I skate past her in my program I shout "I love you Sam!"

"Sure you do." She says, "Just stay on your clumsy feet !"

I smile and do as she says. Me and Sam though only being together as student and coach for 3 months have a very close relationship. We respect each other. She is encouraging, kind and most of all playful. I've thrived under her wing as I continue my passion learning to love it more every day with Sam encouraging my dream. To be the greatest I can be.

I take off my skates at the side of the rink and put them into my bag while grabbing my lunch box stuffing my face with a PB and J sandwich.

I was halfway through the sandwich when a bigger older looking guy pasts me while throwing keys in my direction.

"Champ, there has been a delivery of two-hundred skates that won't move themselves." He states as he walks away.

I groan, "Darreenn, you couldn't have waited until I finished my sandwich?"

"Sorry cupcake but you want ice time you gotta work for it in between sessions." Daren, the assistant manager of the rink shrugs as moving out of my view.

't

What Daren said was correct. I do odd jobs around the rink for my ice time and lessons. That pretty much takes care of my skating. I don't have as many lessons as I use to but I have as much ice time I want. And I can do off ice on my own. For other expenses, I coach at the club every evening. It takes care of what I need. Oh and it helps that I am bunking with Kat who has got her own apartment now.

Now I know what you are thinking. Don't you see Kace if you work at the rink? Well unfortunately not. I basically took Kace's job while Kace, well he got to follow his dream. He got my father's scholarship and from what I hear he is doing pretty well. Good for him. He deserves it.

I grunt as I carry three skates to the skate shop store room. As I pass Daren he says something about "Just think of it as more off ice". I have to laugh at that. The people here at the rink have become just like my family. They all know my dream and support me, no judging. It's refreshing.