Epilogue

"That was great, Chesa." Sam states as I come back to her breathing hard from my program run through, "I can defiantly see you've been working hard. Great job. I've got another student now but I want you to work on triple Axel, k?"

I nod my head as Sam skates off. My heart beats with excitement and fear as I think about trying the new jump. This is why I loved the sport because there is always something to improve on and try that's new. And when you get it it doesn't matter about all the bruises and falls you've gotten because your hard work has paid off.

This was my next goal. Triple Axel. Hardest jump in woman skating history. And I was going to try it. Cause why not.

I take a sip of my water before putting my padding into my butt so I won't seriously hurt myself, though there is always a chance no matter what. I do my warm-up exercises for the triple axel which includes double axel, double axel with double loops and double axel with a backspin to teach my body there is more rotation after the jump.

I skate around the rink and begin my set up. I line my self up with the circle as I keep my chest up. Everything about my movements are slow except for my speed. Making sure everything is in its place, I take a deep breath as I push my weight to one foot. Ready to face my jump I turn my head to the direction I'm going to jump and push forward, committing to my jump as leap through the air. All of my slow movements are gone because in less then a second I go from leaping off my left leg to squeezing everything over my right leg. My body is tense in the air and I feel myself coming down. My body not use to rotating so much, comes out too soon which makes my blade hit the ice in the wrong place and I, not being able to save it, come tumbling down. I hit the ice not too badly and after I assess that I'm okay I get up to go at it again. This time though I will stay in until the end, I tell myself.

I do this for about 20 minutes. Setting up, falling and going again. Every time I would tell myself what I could approve on, even getting a "Keep your arms in" from Sam a few times. I set up for another and take off like I did before but this time rotating a fraction more and I feel my blade hit the ice and for a moment my weight is on the blade, now all I have to do is pull my weight up and balance. But my body isn't ready and I sit down on my butt.

"AHHHHH!" I turn to hear Sam call over to me sitting on the ice, "That one was so close!"

I know, I think to myself, I could almost feel the landing. I get up determined to land this but no such luck. I get up after my last fall and wipe the ice off my sore and now wet butt. I sigh as I go to drink some water. Even though today I didn't land it I still am one step closer to landing it. I am downing water when I hear a deep voice to my left.

"Nice triple Axels."

I put my water bottle down and wipe my mouth before skating over to my boyfriend.

"Hey." I say as I skate towards Kace who is leaning over the barrier. When I reach him he takes my waist as I lean into him to kiss his warm lips.

"Hey," He says as his breath fans on my face and now with his arms around my waist, the barrier is the only thing between us. Our closeness makes my heart sing rejoicefully and I look into those gorgeous brown eyes.

"So you saw my triple axels? Did you see the one I almost landed?!" I asked excitedly and pushed a little from his brace with my excitement.

He laughs as he leans back only having his hands around my waist, "Of course! And it was close." Then humor dances in his eyes as he continues, "But then again I can probably 'almost land' an Axel and just end up I the hospital." He shrugged.

I wigged from his hold and shoved him while sticking my tongue out from him ready to skate away.

"Baby wait. I was kidding." Kace said half laughing half begging.

"You better be careful. You might be heading home alone." I warn. He gives me the pouting face before catching the edge on my waisting and pulling me to him which wasn't hard with the ice. Dang slippery ice!

I had my arms crossed and chin up while he had me. He brings his face close to mine and touches my cheek, "I'm sorry. It was a bad joke. You are amazing."

He kisses my forehead as his words melt my hardened figure. I knew what he said was true so I relaxed in his arms. Feeling me relax he take my face in his hands and gives me a kiss. And when I say kiss I mean full on kiss. I'm guessing it was an I'm sorry/forget what I said kiss. Which it did its job.

With Kace's lips thoroughly locked to mine, we heard a clearing of a throat followed by a, "What do you seem to be doing with my pupil?"

Me and Kace break apart as we see Sam standing there now with her arms crossed. I try to discreetly wipe my lips that still had Kace's feel on them.

Kace clears his throat, "I was kissing MY girlfriend." I shoot Kace a look for his tone of voice.

"Well, I suggest you save that until MY student isn't on MY ice." Sam gives Kace a look that says 'you don't want to mess with me' she then turns her attention to me, "Practice those spins we tried then you can cool down and head home with brain boy here."

I nod, "Yes ma'am." I say formally even though I never call her that I felt like the situation called for it. I give Kace a wide-eyed look that said I can't believe that just happened. Kace mouthed see you later and I nodded before skating off.

Kace and Sam never really hit it off too much. Sam was all about fun and enjoying life but nothing to jeopardize anyone's skating career. And I guess since I was one of her best students now it was her career as well.

I skated and practiced for another ten minutes and then got off the ice to take my skates off and meet up with Kace. We've made a habit of me coming over his apartment showering after a long day of skating then eating and hanging out until around ten before I head out to get some sleep before the next day. We do this about three times a week. We sometimes talk and lay around lazily on his couch, or watch a movie, or I just sit on my phone while he is working on homework while just enjoying each others presence.

Buzz, I get a notification on my phone.

I'm outside warming up the car ;)

I smile at the message from Kace as I put on my big coat. I grab my big duffle bag and exit to the change room.

"Bye Jack, Bye Daren. See you tomorrow." I say to my coworkers as I head to the exit.

I hear Daren calls after me, "Bye Chesa. Don't have too much fun tonight!" Then I hear both guys laugh. I just roll my eyes. Guys.

I push open the door and shutter into my jacket as the bitter breeze nips my naked skin. Then I see the boy I love sitting right outside the door in his car warming it for me. I feel myself utterly happy as I walk towards him. My future.