Realization

KACE'S POINT OF VIEW

We spend the next hour playing different games. Me and Chesa are very competitive so it was very intense and always ended with one of us wanting a rematch or clamming cheating had the other one winning. We were walking away with our prizes in tow.

"I still can't believe you beat me!" I cry out.

Chesa lets out a hearty laugh, "You better get use to it."

I shake my head, "Not even a little sympathy."

"Why would I? I won fair and square!" Chesa now cries out.

"Still not sure about that. I still think the guy in the booth had a thing for you and helped you win." I joked.

"Excuses!!" Chesa pointed at me then starts hitting me with the teddy she won, "Admit." Hit. "That." Hit. "I" Hit. "Beat." Hit. "You!"

I was laughing while trying to get away from her abuse. Finally I gave in, "Fine, Fine! You beat me fare and square." My chest heaves as I try in get breath back after laughing so much. "Haven't you ever heard of feeding a guy's ego?"

Chesa rolls her eyes playfully, "I think your ego could do with some starvation." I act hurt by her words. She just laughs and playfully shoves me. I love it when she gets all playful.

We go into silence as we walk side by side. I look down at the teddy I won. I was so small it fit in the size of my hand.

"Well they could have at least given me a bigger teddy in front of my date. I came second out of six!"

Chesa looks over at my teddy while she is holding onto a big teddy that is at least the size of a medium dog and giggles, "It is quite small."

I rinkle my nose as I look at it. Then I see Chesa's teddy in front of me, "Here, now you can look more manly." I take it out of her hands and look up at her as she continues, "How's that for feeding your ego?"

I smile. I wanted to say she won it she should keep it but I wanted to keep it. It would be something to remind of this date and Chesa gave it to me.

We head off to watch the firer eater and I had more fun watching Chesa's reactions than the actual show. At one point the fire came out towards the audience and that had Chesa reeling into my arms which I didn't mind at all. After the show we went to eat. We got hot dogs and slush puppies and finished off with funnel cakes.

I am sitting across Chesa watching her like a mother watches her new born baby. It was kinda of freaky to be honest but I wasn't going to miss this important part of Chesa's life. I stare at Chesa's perfect red lips as they take a bite of the beautiful funnel cake. I wait for the reaction.

She moans out, "That's heavenly!"

I grin in triumph, "I told you!"

Chesa looks at her funnel cake like it the best thing in the world, "How did I miss out on something like this? I'm never gunna wanna eat sugar gluten and dairy free brownies ever again!"

"Blah," I say in disgust, "How is that even brownies? Does it even taste good?"

Chesa shakes her head, "After eating this I would ask the questions myself." She closes her eyes as she eats another bites. I hold in a laugh of how silly she looks. I don't know how she does it with the dieting and healthy eating. I live for pizza and funnel cakes.

We both finish our funnel cakes and the timing is perfect. The sun is right above the water ready to set.

"Come on." I say as I take her hand in mine and lead her to the Farris wheel standing in the middle of the carnival. I love the way her hand fits perfectly into mine. My hand covering hers like I could protect her from anything. I wish I could.

We wait in line for the Farris Wheel Chesa basically jumping for excitement for her first time on the Farris Wheel. I pay for the man and we take a seat. As we get comfortable I put my arm around Chesa and look at her to see if it's okay. She shifts closer and looks at me a smiles. I smile back.

"Ready?" I ask.

She nods with excitement in her eyes. I can't help but be happy that I made that happen and it makes my heart swell in my chest. A caring and protect feeling comes over me that I don't even know what it is but all I know is I care for this girl a lot. The Farris Wheel jerks off into movement and Chesa squeals gripping the bar in front of us and smooshing her side into my side more. I laugh and take my hand that is around her and rub her should up and down in a comforting way. As we move to the top of the Farris Wheel she looks around and takes the view in. Oh how I wish I see her thoughts. The view was beautiful with the sun setting into the ocean. The colors in the sky looked like painting and the light from the carnival made it look even more so.

Though people would think the view is what made the moment but for me it wasn't the view but the person I was with. She was the one person that accepted me as I am and had become my best friend. The person who got me through those tough nights chatting to me or believed in me when I wondered why I was falling my dream when it was so hard. A girl who would even sacrifice her freedom for my dream. And sitting there in a Ferris Wheel with Chesa on my side looking out unto the ocean as the sun was setting I realized I loved this girl. I Loved Chesa.