Friends and Foes

I woke up the next morning at five to get ready for skating. Half my closet is skating clothes. I have a variety of skating pants, jackets, dresses and sports tops. Most of them designer. This morning I choose to wear a pretty much normal black skating dress. The back was low cut but criss-crossed in the back but there was only a piece of material that went across the back. I wore it with tan tights, over the boot of corse, and a black jacket with SD lego (Skating Design). I quickly make my brown hair into ponytail but french braided on the side of my head into the ponytail.

I go downstairs and make a smoothie for myself. I sit a drink it finished and still have ten minutes to spare. I pick up the lunch box Marco, our chef, made for me and go out the back door to wait for Drake, my driver, to come pick me up. I know I'm 16 and should have licenses but I can't find the time to study and take the test and mom would rather a "professional" driver drive me around. Which is cool. I mean I like Drake. He use to be a professional car racer. He won serval grand Prix but now he's retired. He one time took me on the race track and drove me around. Fast. It was fun.

He pulls up in a (what car). Put my bag in the back and jump in. 

"Hey Drake." I greet my driver. 

"Hello (princess Chesa or miss Chesa)" He smiled back. I don't like that formal names so Drake came up with that instead. Oh well I don't mind. 

I looked at my schedule for today:

6:00-6:30 warm up

6:30-7:00 warm up on ice

7:00-8:00 lesson

8:00-9:00 practice

9:00-10:00 off ice gyming/stretching

10:00-10:30 second breakfast/break

10:30-12:00 practice on ice

12:00- 1:00 ballet

1:00- 4:00 tutor/lunch

4:00- 5:00 practice on ice/warm up for lesson

5:00-6:00 lesson

6:00-8:30 go home, have diner and do homework

I sigh. Just a normal day, I think to myself. That's pretty much my life accept of a few changes here and there like swapping ballet for yoga or drama once of twice a week. 

I get to the rink and greet a few people on my way in. I'm not a very social person. I try to be nice to people but it's hard to have friends when your as busy as me. I have a few close friend though but the thing about being friends with competitive figure skaters is that a lot of times you only see them a few month at a time because they are traveling for training and competitions. And even when they are here you are both so busy you hardly see each other. And it's hard trying to be a friend with non figure skater when your whole life is at the rink. 

I warm up and get on ice to warm up for my lesson. There is several skaters on the ice but not to busy by the looks of it. I smile as I skate passed a few girls. Some of the smile back some don't. I doesn't bother me at all. Some people think figure skaters are mean. I think that's just a stereotype. Yes some are but some aren't. I think it's just because when skater are skating they need to focus and they can't always smile at you and look happy. It's kind of like a runner or swimmer smiling while they practice. So don't always be offended when a skater doesn't smile or acknowledge you. They probably just focusing. 

But there can be some that aren't just focusing... Like this one time with Alice Michel. My very talented competitor. So I was setting up for a double Lutz. I was focusing. I was straight backward focusing my eyes in front if me and I was going over in my head everything my coach told me to remember. I pull my toe back ready to jump and I hear my shout just I come in contact with another body. I quickly turn around just in time to see Alice hit the ice. I felt bad. I offered her an arm up but refused and got up by herself.