«twenty-six»

•kylie•

"kylie, i have great news!" cameron said almost busting down my door. "moms still alive?" i asked hopeful. it's not possible but you never know. his smile turned to a frown.

"come on, you're going to like this trust me remember how you applied for that art school in texas?" he asked, i remembered, i had not wanted to apply because i didn't think i would get in but cameron made me because he thought i would get in so i applied. the bad part about the school was it was all the way in texas, the good part was it was the best art school in the country.

he handed me a envelope labeled "to kylie dallas, from the state of texas art school"

i smiled at the envelope, i guess he didn't open it. "go ahead open it, i wanna see if you got in or not, im happy for you even though you'll have to leave me and go all the way to texas if you get in" he said still with the biggest smile ever.

i slowly and nervously ripped the envelope open, i carefully slid the white peice of paper out of the envelope. i unfolded the paper and started to read the letter aloud so cameron could hear.

"dear kylie,
     reading over your paper you sent to us and the pieces of art you have sent to us, we were shocked that someone just the age of 18 could be such a beautiful artist. we loved them very much, one of your pieces were so amazing that we would like to set it up for show in our school museum which is very popular may i say. congratulations kylie for making the state of texas art school, we cannot wait for you to arrive, the school starts november 15, in 3 weeks we can't wait to see you, take care until then.
         -the state of texas art school."

"YOU MADE IT!!" cameron yelled tackling me in a hug, i had the hugest smile on my face, which i haven't had in a while since my mother. i was so happy this school was my dream since i was thirteen. i couldn't be any happier today. i hugged cameron back and noticed someone in the doorway with tears running down their face, it was hayes he must have heard it all, my smile turned to a frown and he walked away. we pulled away and i smiled at cam.

"thank you so much for getting me to apply for this school in the first place, i love you cam!" i smiled and kissed his cheek. "of course, i knew you would make it,mare you going to attend it? what about hayes? are you going to tell him today?" cameron asked turning serious.

"he just found out, and i have to go, i may not ever get in a art school as good as this one, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity i can't just pass it up" i said. "i want you to go," he stated. "then im going" i smiled.

***

i walked in the room hayes, nash, and skylynn had. i walked in and gave nash the sign i needed to be alone with hayes so him and skylynn walked out and shut the door, hayes just started at the floor without words.

"hayes im really sorry, you found out like that, i didn't think i would get in, i mean it's the best art school in the country" i said sitting next to him, he looked up at me.

"and of course your going to go, I am just upset because i just found you again, i dont wanna lose you, i love you kylie just promise me you won't meet some other guy at this school and fall in love and forget all about me" he said holding my hands.

"hayes, i could never love anybody else the way i love you, you're the only one for me i promise" i said and he kissed me. i smiled through the kiss and so did he.

"im gonna miss you" he said, "me too" i said.

"im happy to see your smile again" he said making me blush and smile more.

"me too it feels great, im still not the same but im slowly recovering, im gonna get there just like you did" i smiled and leaned my head on his shoulder. "i know you will" he said as he stroked my hair.