《forty-five》

•kylie•

"well it will just be you and me Claire for a few weeks what do you want to do?" i asked claire as i buckled her in her car seat.

"i dunno" she smiled playfully.

"well think about it, whatever you want okay." i told her. she nodded her head.

i kissed her head and shut the car door.

i got in the drivers seat of my car and started driving back to our house. it was still pretty early but i was really tired.

"mommy!" claire called when we walked inside.

"yes sweetie?" i asked her.

"can you make lunch, im hungry?' she asked.

"of course what do you want?" i asked her walking in the kitchen.
***
"mommy! remember when you brought me to the park yesterday?" claire asked running downstairs and plopping down on the couch beside me.

"yes i do." i answered her question looking at her.

"well i met a friend and shes really nice, she wanted me to play with her at her house." claire explained.

"im sorry i dont know her mommy or where her house" i told claire. her big smile turned to a frown and that made me upset.

but theres nothing i can do about it.

"her mommy gave me this paper to give to you" claire said handing me a peice of paper.

i unfolded the paper and read it.

"hello claires mom, sorry for writing this down and not coming over and talking to you we were in a rush. my daughter sophie had a fun time playing with claire and wants her to come over tomorrow if thats alright with you if your fine witg that my numbrr is (123) 456-7890 just give me a call or text. thanks."

"looks like i can let you go over to sophies house" i told claire and her face lit up with excitment.

i texted the number on the paper.

me: hi, i am claires mom she really wants to go over thrre and play with sophie.

sophie mom: hi same sophie wants her to come over, im glad our address is (blah blah blah) you can bring her whenever.!

me: thank you so much ill see you and sophie soon then!!

sophie mom: no problem!!

"when do you wanna go over to sophies?" i asked claire who was still sitting next to me on the couch.

"can i go now? im bored." she asked.

"let me see" i said and texted her mom again.

me: hi sorry to bother you again claire wants to come now is that alright. you guys arent busy or anything.

sophie mom: thats fine come on over!!

"go put some shoes on and get ready so we can go" i told claire.
***
i knocked on the door 3 times. a few seconds later the door opened and girl who i was guessing was sophies mom opened the door with a smile. she was older than me.she looked like she was in her 30's maybe.

"hi, claires mom isnt here?" she asked.

i glared at her. "excuse me i am her mom" i said. "oh my im very sorry you are just so young please come in" she said letting me in.

"so how old are you?" she asked me.

"just turned 20" i smiled.

"and claire is 4? you were pregnant at 16?" she asked me suprised.

"no,i got married about a year ago,i was pregnant but she died so a few months later we adopted claire" i explained.

"oh im so sorry about your other baby." she said in a sorry voice.

"its okay im suppose to hang out with my brother today i should get going. it was nice meeting you. what time do you need me to pick up claire?" i asked.

"have fun and just before 7 thank you" she smiled as i walked out her house.

i got in my car and drove to cams apartment.

i knocked on his door and he opened it and brought me in a hug.

"hey kylie your here!" he smiled and shut the door behind me. "yep so what we gonna do today?" i asked him.

"wanna go to the mall?" he asked me.

"sure can i use your bathroom first?" i asked him.

"its still your bathroom never have to ask go" he laughed and i headed towards my old bathroom.

i was just fixing my hair when my phone went off. it was instagram.

i opened a dm from some fans.

it was a picture of hayes and some girl, it looks like they were kissing in the picture.

my vision became blurry. it wasnt a old picture because he just bought thr outfit he was wearing in the picture yesterday, i remember.

he cheated on me. why would he do that.

i wiped my eyes, you could still tell i was crying because they were all red.

i just tried to forget about the picture. i put my phone in my pocket.

cameron saw me and walked up to me .

"ky, why were you crying?" he asked seeing my eyes were red.

"i wasnt crying. what are you talking about?" i asked him playing it off.

he still didnt believe me but he didnt question it because he could tell i wasnt going to tell him.

we got in his car and he drove to the nearest mall which was just down the street about a five minute drive.

i was so upset about the picture i havent been the same all day like i was before i saw that picture.

my phone then ringed it was hayes.

i didnt know weather i shoukd decline or answer the call.

i just answered it so he wouldnt suspect anything.

"hello? kylie hey." he said. "hi hayes.." i said trailing off.

"kylie everything okay?" he asked me.

"yeah just peachy" i said in a harsh tone.

"kylie what happened?" he asked.

"you is what happened now dont call me agsin goodbye hayes" i said and hung up the phone.

tears started sprawling out my eyes. cameron pulled me in a hug.

"you saw that picture?" he asked in the hug. "mhmm" i said still crying.

"lets get you back to my house so you can sleep and forget about this all, and later i will go get claire and bring her back" cam said.

"thank you" i said.