Chapter 6 - Does She Want A Lollipop?

<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PLEASE VOTE!!!

Hello! So here's chapter 6! I like it. Haha. Please vote, comment, and fan if you like my story!!! Maybe you can check out my other works as well? (: Well, thanks for reading and I hope you like it! :D

_____________________________________________________________________________

 “Time to wake up, Landon. We got to get to school.” I rocked my brother gently side to side. 

“No! I don’t want to wake up! I don’t want to go to school for a long time!” So this is that type of morning. 

“Buddy, if you go for the whole week, I’ll buy you three car models at Toys ‘R’ Us.” I had to make sure it wouldn’t be anywhere near downtown. It was too risky to go alone with Landon to the busy streets of downtown Chicago. I would need help dealing with him. Sure, I’d get distracted by the endless lights and places but I wouldn’t throw myself into the middle of the busy streets because of them. On the other hand, Landon would. Besides, I know Chicago like the back of my hand. It is my city after all. 

I knew that the bribing had been a good idea when my little brother had shut up. 

“You will?” He asked. 

“I promise.”  

“Fine.” Reluctantly, he outstretched his hand and I helped him up to his feet. I chose a striped t-shirt and khaki shorts with strappy sandals.  

“Comfortable?” I ask. I really had to be sure that he was. No one needs him to start stripping in class. It would scar the children for life. 

“Mhm.” He murmured. 

I got Landon ready for school and we each had our breakfast. We left the house as soon as Landon swallowed his pop tart since I woke up fifteen minutes before just so I could get ready myself. 

I had dropped my little brother off at his elementary school and now I was in the student parking lot of mine. 

“Ugh! This place is disgusting.” I groaned to myself then stepped out of my car. 

I swear if any teacher brings up Shakespeare and whatnot then I will pull a scene to avoid class... Or I could just leave. 

Striding to my first period had caused me to be late. Did I mind? No. I was exhausted! 

“You do notice you walked in late to my class.” A perturbing and hoarse voice had asked. Man! She sounded like a freaking dude!

“Yup.” I simply state. 

“Do you have anything to say about that?” Her face was growing impatient at my never-to-come apology.  

“Nope.” 

“Are you sure?”  

“Actually, I do.” She raised her eyebrows in a look of victory. “Just thought it would be good to let you know that this is most likely not going to be the first time I’m late to your class.” I took my seat. 

I saw her sharp intake of breath and the posture she took made it seem as she’d pop. It was a nice sight for me, quite entertaining. 

“Go to the principal’s office!” Hmm. It’s only the second day of school and she’s already given me a detention and now she’s sending me to the principals office? I think I can handle this. 

“Thanks, miss! Wow. You’re being really nice today! Letting me get out of here without me being the one to leave.” She looked at me, baffled. I feigned innocence as I stood up from my seat with the sweet smile I gave her.