Chapter 39 - Phone Calls and Dinner

Enjoy! Please remember to VOTE, COMMENT, & FAN! 

P.S: Doesn't this long chapter make up for the last short one? Told you I'd make it up to you. (;

Later's baby! :D <3

_____________________________________________________________________________

~Micah~

My knuckles came into contact with the hard wood surface of Connor’s front door in two reluctant thuds. Two very loud thuds. I think I had my reasons for being pissed. Like the fact that I would get nothing out of this ‘selfless’ volunteering but a definite heartache since I was practically placing Melinda right in the hands of the guy she loved. But I’d be damned if she wasn’t happy, especially when I could help her. Deep down, way deep down, I knew that Melinda and Fabian deserved to be together. So I’d do my best to keep the shine in her eyes and that brightness in her smile. 

Then the second reason for my lack of jubilance was staring me right in the face, the reincarnation of everything that was demented and deranged; Connor. His beady brown eyes were wide open- almost abnormally so- and filled with vivid speculation as he looked at me, his irises jumping. Could he be any creepier?

“You’re here.” He said as form of greeting and I wanted to scoff at him in disbelief but refrained. 

“Evidently.” I nodded curtly.

“Well, come in.” Said Connor while moving aside to give me space. Once I again I refrained from punching him or telling him just how insane he was as I entered his house. It didn’t fail to leave me in awe and repulsion at how calmly he reacted to discussing his stalker tendencies with a complete stranger. Was it a regular habit? 

The house was ordinary, nothing magnificent or horrendous about it. It was simply a place to live and as much as I expected there to be high-tech stalker spyware shit, there was none. Bummer.

“Nice place.” I said, keeping my voice as neutral as I could manage. 

“Isn’t it, Micah?” Said a collected female voice, murmuring in agreement with me. Who the hell was that? Definitely not Connor unless he’d had a voice transformation in the matter of minutes. I looked to the side and my eyes landed on a pretty blonde, all dressed up and oddly familiar. Who could that be...? Oh! It was Piper, the girl Fabian and Melinda had told me to watch for. Now that I thought twice of it, I’d seen her at school a couple of times.

“And who are you?” I asked, knowing it would annoy her. She seemed the type. Piper’s eyes blazed with suppressed fury and I wanted to shake my head in disbelief. 

“Piper Clayton,” She said, looking me up and down with a spark in her eyes. Disgusting. Yes, she was hot but she had to be insane if she was in Connor’s place for fun. “You’ve just about seen me a hundred times at school.” She added. 

I smirked, unable to let this one go. “Nope. Can’t say I remember.” I snickered smoothly and her eyes glossed over in a sheet of rage and resentment. Damn, if looks could kill. 

“Alright, you two. Enough with the introductions. Come on, Micah.” Connor said, suddenly beside me. He sounded like a freak with all that formality he used. He was in high school for crying out loud!

I nodded and followed him to what might just be his creeper’s cave. I sighed when reaching his room, another boring normalcy of the guy’s house. A bed, desk, drawer, closet, T.V and Xbox set, and bookshelf. Nothing that pulled a red alarm.