Chapter 42 - Thing One, Thing Two, Thing Three

Hello, lovelies! (: Please remember to vote, comment, and fan if you like the chapter. I'd really appreciate it.  Enjoy!

Laters, baby! :D <3

____________________________________________________________________________

Do you know those type of days when things just don’t turn out the way they should? When they take these annoying paths to just screw you over and lead you to a gigantic pile of crap? Yeah, those days when you look back on them and you don’t find the slightest thing to smile upon? Well, this was one of those days. No, a meteor didn’t come skyrocketing from outer space and come crashing down on my front porch. And nobody died. And my guitar did not break. And I did not acquire any type of sexually transmitted disease either. 

So yeah, Melinda, why so glum? Well, let’s go back in retrospect in order to answer that question. For one thing, the school staff was still very much on Fabian and I’s asses, watching our every move while expecting us to suddenly jump one another in a passionate display of need. Quite frankly I was insulted that they thought I was that freaking stupid to even consider doing such a thing. I had enough Fabian in my day to risk jeopardizing our relationship. It also humored me. Just a bit. 

The second thing was the fact that Fabian was so damned adamant on Piper being the cause to the staff’s sudden interest in us. I for one had no concrete reason to explain why he thought Piper was behind this. Sure, she was after Fabian and had probable enough motive but so did many other people. Like Connor and all the other hormonally unstable girls at our high school. I would ask Fabian about it as soon as I saw him and make it a point to get an answer even if it meant annoying the shit out of him. 

Then as the third thing came the part where I realized that thing one and thing two were so utterly frustrating that I had become stressed out. Yes, I said it. Stressed. I, Melinda Naomi Beaumont, was stressed. How infuriating! All my life I had made it a point to always be as distant and unfazed as possible through any situation. It had gotten me by. It was the only way I knew to live. And I had really, really loved it. So knowing that other stupid, insignificant people were ruining my natural high was quite the piss-off. 

I took in a deep breath and slowly breathed out then walked to the kitchen while rubbing my temples. A headache. I had a headache. “Goddammit.” I muttered and took a tub of chocolate ice cream from the freezer, completely disregarding the fact that I was freezing my ass off with the start of winter. Once I had my fair share of ice cream I put the tub back in its right place and groaned; I was shivering. I jogged to my room and put on the first oversized hoodie I saw with patterned fuzzy socks and a pair of duck-patterned pajama pants. It seemed as if a clown had just barfed on me. 

Just as I threw myself in bed, there was a knocking at my door. I groaned and reluctantly rose to my feet. Once there I looked outside the window in what used to be a paranoid gesture but now was a basic step of life. I could not and would not open the door without checking who was behind it. Not since Connor. It was difficult to imagine ever going back to the casual custom even if things became solved.

My eyes landed on Fabian and my heart calmed; I was safe. 

I opened the door in less than a second and came face to face with my man. The man I loved. 

“You look cute.” He winked, bending down to press his lips against mine in a brief kiss.

“I look like a colorful hobo.” I said, frowning to myself. Fabian laughed, the sound tickling my ears with its sexy mirth and I needed just one more taste of those lush lips before getting to the pressing matter that was in the back of my mind. I stole that kiss and dragged him inside; the temperature was too cold for a hoodie and pants.