Chapter 35 - Eyes

Hello, lovelies! :D How are you? Good? I hope so! Anyway, my apologies for the late-ish upload but a lot of crap has been getting in the way. The crap is now gone. Yay! So I really hope you like this chapter and please remember to vote, comment, and fan! :D Oh, and, dude, if you don't like the story then don't flucking read it! Thank you. (: <3 

_____________________________________________________________________________

I stepped out of my mom's car as soon as I parked it in the McDonald's parking lot. Yes, I was going to have some McDonald's with my little brother since my mom had needed me to pick him up today. She had been called in for work and a co-worker drove her therefore she leant me her car.

I opened Landon's door and gave him a smile.

"You hungry, dude?" I asked him and he grinned, shaking his head eagerly.

"Oh, yeah!" He exclaimed.

I chuckled. "Good. Come on." I smiled and helped him out once he unbuckled his seatbelt. He was doing many more things by himself lately and needless to say, I was flucking proud of my little soldier dude.

Hand in hand, we walked to the fast food restaurant and to the cash register where I placed our order. The best thing about fast food restaurants was how fast they served their atomically greasy and unhealthful yet delicious food. We only waited a minute or so for our order of fries, coke, burgers and chicken nuggets to be ready.

"Landon, let's sit at the table by the coke machines." I said and my brother nodded. He sat down and I placed the tray on the square shaped surface then took the two cups to fill them with soda. My little brother was less than two feet away so I could watch him while I filled them up and got some ketchup.

Two overfilled Coca Cola cups and ten little ketchup packs later I sat down with my little brother and we dug into our meals.

I was biting into my Big Mac when I spotted someone familiar, my eyes zoning in on the tall lanky guy that was sitting at a table in the other end of the small restaurant. Then I almost choked on my food once my brain processed the person and it became clear just who it was.

"Ah, shit." I muttered, coughing a little from the burger that intended to murder me.

"Melly, you okay, Melly?" My little brother asked, concerned. I tried to smile at him and failed miserably because smiling was a difficult thing to do when you were choking to death. Okay, maybe I'm a exaggerating a little but I am choking.

"Mhm." I murmured, nodding while my eyes became a little moist. I took a sip from the soda and the food instantly gave up on its intent of murder as it slipped down my throat.

"Woo. That was shitty." I joked, grinning at my brother who laughed and continued to eat. I took that as my chance to sneak another look at Connor.

He was just sitting down, no food on his table or any friends around. You'd think that even if you were not hungry and were instead on a stalker mission that you'd buy yourself a sundae and at least try to blend in. But no, the dip shit couldn't think logically it seemed.

Yet it didn't matter to me whether he was eating or not. I simply didn't care. He could freaking starve to death for all that mattered. Alright, maybe that's a bit too harsh but I'm no humane activist. What I did care about was the way that his dull dark eyes were boring into me, into my brother, burning us with his indiscreet gaze. He watched me now, as I watched him, and his gaze didn't waver the slightest bit as it did most of the time when someone was caught staring. It was I the only who looked away, my head reeling.

That's him. That's Connor. But was he even there when we walked in? I didn't notice him. Sure, I wasn't one to excavate for details but I'm sure I would have notice a potential stalker. I know it. He must have showed up after Landon and I entered McDonald's. He could have been following me, making the timing perfect if he was behind me the whole time. Or maybe it was coincidental and he had gotten a craving for cheap burgers just as I had. But without any food? No. Something is wrong. Really wrong. His disturbing eyes are telling me so.