Chapter 16 - Is Today Saturday?

Hello lovelies! Aren't I such an awesome person since I've uploaded two day straight? Lmao. I really ope you like this chapter because I loved writing it. If you do like it then please, please, please vote, comment, and fan! I'm not begging. Haha! Thank you!

_______________________________________________________________________________

~Lori~

“Alright, everyone, I’m going to go get some art supplies.” I say, smiling. 

“Can we play while you’re gone?” I look down at Robby who’s cheerful voice had spoken.

“Of course you can.” I smile and stand from the carpet floors where I had been reading to the children. I had some crayons, markers, and construction paper in my office and I wanted to see what exactly the kids would create. 

As I walk towards the office, I look around to see if Mel or Fabian where anywhere near and what I see doesn’t surprise me. 

Mel was crouched down by the barbies with Emily and Fabian was arranging cars with Landon and a boy named Cole but that wasn’t what had me unsurprised. That wasn’t it at all. 

It was the way those two ignorant fools kept stealing glances at one another when the other wasn’t looking! I almost laughed aloud. Couldn’t they just do something about it and stop acting like such fifth graders?

Maybe I’m being inconsiderate but I know something good when I see it. Mel and Fabian can be magical and I don’t say that because it would benefit me to have my cousin adding such a wonderful person like Mel to the family. All though it would but this isn’t about me! 

I get it. I get the whole ordeal about Fabian being her teacher and Mel being the student but it honestly doesn’t make much difference to me. Hmm. Isn’t it just amazing how Mel is always the one in these hilarious situations? God, that girl only attracts the strange things in life... Like my cousin. Haha!

They’ll be together soon. I foresee it. Woah, I’m like a psychic!

I enter my office and walk over to the container that kept all the arts and crafts supplies for the kids and take what I need. I plan to walk out of the office and into the play room when I see a little event about to occur. 

And I, Loretta Gherardi, being the clandestine and slick thing that I am stood back and watched it happen.

Melinda, with her ADD induced brain was walking with Emily while holding her hand and a barbie doll that she was carefully scrutinizing in the other. I didn’t exactly understand what was so interesting about the plastic toy but it seemed she had. On the other hand, my cousin was equally stupid, walking and talking with Landon, looking down at the little boy, and assuming no obstacles would get in his way.

They’re both stupid so they obviously belong with one another. 

So I stood there with a box of art supplies in my hands and casually watched the little catastrophe begin as if it were a fragment of my television screen. Melinda and Fabian knocked into the other and let go of the children’s hands to support the other. Fabian’s strong arms cupped Melinda’s waist protectively and her arms were spread out on his chest. the two just looked at one another with faces of surprise that slowly crept into embarrassment and finally wonder.

I wanted to clap, laugh, and jump up and down at the sweet scene that looked as if it just came out of a romantic comedy flick but I don’t. I restrain myself like the normal thirty year old woman I am.

Then they break apart and the look in their eyes tells me all I need to know and I just wait for it to happen but it doesn’t. What the hell? Why didn’t they kiss? How come Melinda didn’t make a witty remark earning a sly response from Fabian? What in the world is this? I nearly scream aloud at the confusing events.