Chapter 15 - Sexy Cars Need Sexy Drivers

Hello there, awesome people! Here's an update that is actually quite long. Yay! So if you like it please remember to vote and comment... Maybe even fan? (: Well, thanks for reading and I hope you like it!

_____________________________________________________________________________

“You ready to get Mom, Landon?” I ask my little brother who’s buckled in the back seat as I pull away from the driveway of our house.

“Yeah.” He answers. I couldn’t help but notice that he wasn’t the exited little kid I’d thought he’d be at this moment.

“What’s wrong?” I ask.

“Nothing, Melly. It’s just that when mom comes home, I won’t be able to spend too much time with you, Melly.” Landon’s blue eyes stare at me with a sadness that brought a tugging pain to my heart.

“Landon, buddy, you know that’s not true. The only difference is that mom will be around the house to help us take over the world day by day!” Even though I had joked with him, Landon didn’t seem convinced.

“How would you like it if I still took you to school in the mornings and we keep staying at Lori’s house longer than usual?” I ask. We had been staying at Lori’s longer than the usual hour since my mom had left. I knew the reason why I was so eager to change my schedule and that scared the life out of me. I put the thought away.

“Yes!” He exclaimed.

“There you go, all the excitement I wanted to see!”

***

We were driving through the terminals of O’Hare Airport, searching for the one my mother had said she’d be in. I was becoming frustrated with the slow moving cars, dumb people, and how flucking far her gate was!

I finally found gate J and immediately saw the woman known as my mother waving at us with a huge smile on her face. The smile immediately found its way to me.

“There she is!” Landon says, smiling. I smile back at him and pull the car over for my mom. She moves towards the trunk to put in her single bag of luggage then sprints over to Landon’s door and sits in the back seats.

“I’ve missed you guys so much!” She hugs Landon and kisses his forehead and then tumbled over something while moving over to hug me, causing Landon and I to laugh.

“We’ve missed you too, mom.” I squeeze her shoulders tightly and she kisses my cheek. 

She sits back with Landon and puts her arms around his shoulders, smiling. 

“How was your trip, mom?” Landon’s eyes sparkle and I start the car.

“Oh, it was good but I’m so glad to be home with my two beautiful children.” She smiles through moist eyes.

“We’re glad you’re back, mom. This calls for a celebration don’t you think? Off for some food we go!” Everyone in the tightly knit car laughs as we exit the airport.

***

I don’t remember when was the last time going to school had made me nervous. Maybe it had been nearly eighteen years ago when I first started kindergarten? Or maybe it was today?

It was monday, a school day, and I had that feeling you felt in the pit of your stomach when your falling down the slope of a roller coaster. Let me tell you that that invigorating feeling doesn’t feel so good when its not from the thrill ride. I wanted to run away and hide in a place that felt familiar because this was all too new for me.