Chapter 22 - Dearest Melinda

Hello, lovelies. Here's chapter twenty-two! I hope you like this chapter and please remember to vote, comment, and fan if you do! I love to hear what you think. Oh, and I uploaded twice this week! That should count. Lol. By the way, I loved this chapter so I really hope you love it too. Thanks for reading, guys! (:

_________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, Period 5

Piper walks into class with a bright smile on her face and extra lipgloss on her plush lips. She had made sure to brush her hair and apply extra mascara in the bathroom before entering Mr. D’Amato’s classroom. All she had to do was get him to look her damn way and captivate him with her beauty! It happens quite easily with other boys, that is, if Melinda Beaumont is not in the room. Ugh, she hated that girl!

Piper walked over to her seat, frowning. He hadn’t payed her any attention. Mr. D’Amato didn’t even look up. Piper sat down next to the silent creep beside her. She had no close friends in this class but that didn’t matter. She could fantasize about the time when she and Mr. D’Amato would finally get to be together. The time would come... She knew it. 

So Piper sat down next to what’s-his-face and waited for the remaining three minutes that signaled class would start; when she could watch him move his beautiful body around the classroom. A few seconds before the bell rang the door opened and Piper already knew who it was. She could feel it in the atmosphere. Melinda

The raven-haired girl walked into class with her shining blue eyes sparkling as she entered with Micah and Seth, two of the school’s hottest guys. They were her freaking best friends but she still had the nerve to go for something even bigger; Mr. D’Amato. Wasn’t it clear the she, Piper Clayton the Queen of the school, already had him wrapped around her finger? Well, she didn't but she would soon enough. 

Piper stared. Immediately Melinda and Mr. D’Amato locked eyes and Piper could see the smile that lay in them even from where she sat. No one else noticed because no one else cared. She was literally fuming with envy and jealousy as she saw the way her teacher looked at Melinda. Then the dumb girl was tripped by her friend Nick and Piper fought the urge to laugh. Who told her to be staring at Mr. D’Amato? She deserves falling on her pretty face. But her happiness was short lived when Mr. D’Amato rushed to her side and held her before she hit the ground face first. He set her up on her feet and he smiled warmly at her while she did the same, thanking him. She turned away and punched Nick playfully while she laughed. Melinda wasn’t the slightest bit mad as she should have been. Hell would have been raised if someone dared trip Piper! That was thing about Melinda. She did the exact opposite of what was expected and that scared Piper. 

Beside her, the boy scoffed and the bitter sound made Piper look his way in surprise. That was all she had ever heard from what’s-his-face.

“Disgusting.” He snorted quietly, probably thinking she hadn’t heard him.

“Excuse me?” Piper said and the boy looked at her in surprise, his face flushing in embarrassment. He was cute, just cute though, but extremely strange. 

“Nothing. I just thought aloud, sorry.” He murmured but Piper was interested. Had he meant that the Melinda/D’Amato incident was disgusting? Did he notice it too?

“What did you say was disgusting?” She asked sweetly, hoping to befriend the words out of him.

“Nothing, really.” 

“What’s your name? I don’t think we’ve met before. I’m Piper, Piper Clayton as you probably already know.” She smiled.

“I’m Connor Atkins.” He stated, bored. Okay, he wasn’t cooperating. She’d just have to blurt it out and laugh jokingly if he thought she was crazy.