Chapter 17 - You Checking Me Out?

Hey, lovelies! I'm not going to say much here but PLEASE read the author's note at the end. Please remember to comment, vote, and fan! Thank you very much and I hope you like this chappie! :D

<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PLEASE VOTE! (:

“Ouch!” I yelped, as my hand made contact with the sizzling pan that was set on the stove. It was a lovely sunday morning, I mean afternoon, and I was cooking some pancakes. 

The smell tickled my nose and the crackling heat warmed my face. I was just about to attempt a flipping of pancakes when I thought I heard something. Hmm. Must be Landon because it’s definitely not my mom. She likes to sleep in on Sundays.

It was quite evident that maybe God was just trying to distract me so that I wouldn’t flip the freaking pancaked because we both knew nothing good would come out of it. I’d probably burn my face off or some other body part. I didn’t think about that when two loud ass sounds made me jump about two miles high in the air. My arm shot up and so did the pancakes. What the hell? I turned around at lightning speed and saw two demons laughing hysterically with a single pancake at their feet. 

“Are you guys flucking crazy?” I shout, my heart beating frantically. The two young men didn’t even acknowledge my presence just rather laughed at what must have been my amusing outraged expression.

Hmm. They were laughing? Okay. Let them have their laugh attack while I have a freaking heart attack.

I turned off the stove. Guess I’m just not making pancakes then. I walk up to my best friends and stood in front of both of them with my arms crossed until they recovered.

“Ah, that was classic.” Seth sighed, another laugh escaped his chest. I simply looked at him and narrowed my eyes at an attempt to pierce a hole in his chest or something.

Don’t. You. Know. That I’m extremely sensitive to loud random noises?” I accuse. Seth stops laughing and tries averting his gaze to hide his smirk. I look over at Micah who’s hiding a smile as well. “You’ll kill me one day. I swear. But that was pretty funny...” I chuckle at the pancake that’s splat on the floor and pick it up, laughing now.

“Ah, you pricks.” I smile and before I know it, I’m up in the air.

“Woah! Put me down!” I laugh and look at Seth who had swooped me up in his arms and started spinning me around in the kitchen like a madman. 

“I’ll barf on you!” I squeal and laugh. He suddenly puts me on the ground and I find my head spinning dizzily.

“Don’t bust your ass, Mel.” Seth grins.

“You’re buying me iHop.” I say, suddenly aware of the ruined breakfast I had been planning on having.

“Deal.” Micah says and I look toward the blonde who had spoken. I became suddenly aware of the short pajama shorts and tight tank top I was wearing when Micah’s gaze roamed my body. It wasn’t anything new though our friendship never held many boundaries. It was always a chill and honest relationship and I was glad. We didn’t pretend around each other. 

But wait a second, had he seriously gulped? Hmm. I could enjoy this.

“What you doing, Micah? You checking me out?” I smirk. Micah looks away from me to hide a small smile and I became surprised. He hadn’t denied it or come up with some stupid retort. I hear Seth snort and chuckle beside us.

“Well, duh, Mel. Our best friend’s a hottie!” Seth answered for Micah and I giggled then full out laughed, Micah and Seth joining in. 

“My best friends are scrumptious!” I say, and smirk at the two. Micah’s face brightened as he laughed and Seth winked playfully, gray eyes mischievous.