Chapter 20 - Pepper Spray

Hello, lovelies! Here is an interesting chapter. Please let me know what you think, guys! It means the world to me and votes are like a drug to me. No joke. (: Thanks for reading! <3 So vote, comment, and fan if you like it.

_____________________________________________________________________________

~Micah~

Mel, Seth, and I had our last period together and I couldn't be any happier to be getting out of school. I was bored and I needed a haircut. Seth and I were going to go the barber shop after school and Mel would probably come with us, judging our haircuts and laughing at the end result no matter how good it looked. Sometimes, when she was really feeling conflictive, she'd tell us how sexy our hair looked and that's when my whole body tightened. That girl...

Mel was in front of me as she walked inside the classroom and Seth had already run to the seat by Nick and started talking animately to him. I looked over at Melinda, wanting to joke around with her, but she was too fixated by something. Or was it someone?

Our teacher looked at her from behind the desk where he stood with an Expo marker in his hand. I could see how Melinda looked at him and how looked at her from behind her. Something about the way they looked at each other made me suspect there was something more there. I hadn't ever seen Melinda simply look into a guy's eyes for no apparent reason like she was looking at our teacher. Did I look stupid simply watching them?

Their gaze only lasted about three seconds but it felt like three minutes just standing behind Melinda and feeling a cloud of thoughts come into my mind. Horrible, exaggerative thoughts About Mr. All-Star Teacher over there.

Mel walked over to her seat and sat down. I looked behind me, quickly and protectively, at the guy who wasn't watching her anymore but rather writing an equation on the board.

There were many times I had wanted to bash a teacher's face in but it had never before been like this. I wanted to bash this teacher's 'pretty' little face in even when it was oozing with blood! The guy would probably beat me, pssh, but not by that much... Maybe that's what I need. A little more gym and muscle.

I didn't like the way he looked at her. I didn't like the way she looked at him. It tug at me inside and I wanted to punch the desk, jealousy obviously present. I hated to feel so captivated and vulnerable to a woman yet I loved it so much.

I took a seat beside her and she smiled up at me, her teeth bright and her lips sweet, giving that sparkle to her beautiful blue eyes. I smiled at her too but simply because I imagined what it would be like to kiss her again, to kiss those soft lips. To kiss her for real this time so that she knew it wasn't a dare or a line on a script but just showing her how I feel about her.

Couldn't she already see it? Hadn't I made it obvious enough? Wasn't the way I looked at her the dead giveaway? And when she called at two in the morning, alone in her house and wanting company, but I'd never hang up or complain? Didn't she notice the way I tried to fix myself up constantly in her presence, turning up the smiles that seemed to come so effortlessly? What more could I possibly do but tell her already?

All through class, I could only think about my best friend. I thought of the jealousy I felt when I saw D'Amato look at her with eyes that held something more than just a coincidental meeting of the eyes. I was stupid and this wasn't like me. I never got jealous, ever. No girl had meant so much to me to elicit that feeling. No girl but Lindy.

How would she react when she found out one of her best friends was in love with her? Maybe I shouldn't tell her. If she didn't feel the same way then maybe she'd stop talking to me. I didn't want to lose her but there was the part of me that knew better. If I even wanted a chance then I'd have to tell her and I'd have to tell her soon because Melinda isn't one to do the expected. She isn't one that's unattractive, she's one that's captivating and beautiful, attracting every male body in range. Even Seth admits her captivating beauty but he doesn't feel that way about her. Yet now it seems the guy all the girls are swooning over is captivated by her too. Shit.