Chapter 1

"Justin you don't have to go."

"Juliette yes I do. Otherwise I'm putting myself in danger and more importantly... You. Our family."

"I'm sure there's a way." I desperately plead trying to get him to change his mind.

"No Juliette. I'm leaving now and I want you to know I love you so much. Take care of mum and dad okay?"

"JUSTIN PLEASE." My vision starts to get blurry as I collapse to the floor. Justin walks over to me and gives me a big hug and kisses me on my head.

"I love you." Before I can do anything else, he's walking out the door. Once again I feel powerless, helpless, weak. I see my brother walk out of my sight for the last time.

^^^^^^

I jolt up in bed. The dreams have been getting worse and out of my control. It gets to a point where I don't feel like sleeping anymore.

I wipe away the stray tear on my face and get out of bed. I walk over to my dresser and pick out my clothes for the first day of school.

My parents are both doctors. They both work at the same hospital and always have the same shifts. They were at Princeton hospital but got transferred to Ringwald hospital. We moved from Overton to Richmont. To be perfectly honest, I'm happy we're out of that town. Too many memories. Overton is north from Richmont, it's only one town over so you can say it's fairly close, but it's still a change.

I put on leggings and a loose shirt for the first day of school. It's not too casual and not too dressy. Although I don't normally put on make up, I decide to put mascara on.

I get ready and run downstairs to eat breakfast before Bryelle comes to pick me up. Bryelle is my best friend ever since we were born. Both our parents were in the same hospital and knew each other even before we were born. Since we moved to Richmont, I can finally be closer to her. It used to be such a hassle to meet with her, but I'd do it anyways because it was always worth it. Now I can go to the same school as her.

I hear a loud honk as I finish up my last few bites. I check myself in the mirror one last time before I meet Bryelle in the car.

Bryelle hops out of the car and gives me a massive hug that seems to last forever.

"How are you holding up?" She asks with uncertainty.

"Fine fine." I say dismissing the subject completely.

The car ride is quiet but not an uncomfortable one. We listen to the music on the radio and hum along. I glance at Bryelle concentrating on the road.

Bryelle is drop dead gorgeous. She is tall, about 5'9 and has long thin legs. She's thin but not too skinny. She has captivating blue eyes and skin that is always perfect. Her hair is blonde that seems like its glowing in the sun. She always gives off a happy vibe and she is extremely outgoing. She's kind, funny, smart and athletic. The whole package. She's just naturally beautiful.

We pull up into the parking lot and get out walking towards the school. Out of the corner of my eye, I see people looking our way... Probably at Bryelle.

She brings me into the school, gets my schedule and brings me to my locker. She points out hers which is just around the corner. She helps me prepare my locker. Once we're done, the bell goes off signaling first period. Thankfully I have quite a few classes with her.

When we walk into class I notice all the guys staring at Bryelle. She doesn't even glance at one of them. All of her concentration is on me. When the guys notice she isn't looking they glance my way. I quickly turn away not wanting to make eye contact with them. The teacher introduces me and allows me to sit next to Bryelle.

The first few classes go by rather quickly. All the teachers just introduced the subject and gave us our course outline. Bryelle introduced me to all of her friends. They're all extremely sweet and I know I'm going to get along with them.

At lunch we sit together in the cafeteria while the girls are going on a rant describing the whole "hierarchy" of people.

"Over there is Darlene. She's such a bitch don't talk to her. She will literally cling to you and then try to sleep with your boyfriend."

"Over there are the music groups. They're super talented and really nice so you can talk to them whenever, they're great friends."

I look around the cafeteria noticing all different types of people talking excitedly to one and other. One thing catches my eye outside by a tree. A group of guys are sitting next to each other. They seem to all be wearing black. I try to get a better look when one of the boys glances my way and I instantly hide my face. I turn to one of my new friends Jasmine and point outside.

"Who are they?" I ask. She snorts immediately as if my question is ridiculous.

"Don't even bother with them. They don't want to be talked to. They have they're own little group and won't talk to anyone. They hook up with all these girls and then dump them. I swear they're in some kind of gang or something. They're super hot don't get me wrong but just don't bother."

I glance back over quickly. There's five of them. One with blonde hair, another with spiked up black hair and three with brown hair. Each one of them have distinct hair styles. One of the brown haired boys has really curly hair that seems to be tousled. The blonde one nudges the curly haired one and looks over in my direction. I don't realize they're pointing at me until the curly haired guy turns around.

He stares at me intently. His green eyes seeming to read things going through my mind. For some reason they're captivating. A green emerald color I have never seen before. I can't seem to turn away.

Bryelle nudges me and I turn around coming back to my senses and out of my trance.

"Geez who were you staring at? He must've been attractive." She giggles.

I look back over and see none of them sitting there anymore.

Attractive was an understatement.