Chapter 4

I stand there for a while frozen on the spot not knowing what to do. Harry is still glaring at me with his piercing green eyes. I snap out of my trance and look around the corner. The group of guys are just about to round the school.

Harry sees the look on my face. He takes a big stride by me and I stiffen. He looks around the corner and notices the group of guys.

"Shit." He mutters barely audible.

He turns back to me with a changed expression on his face. Before I can think any further I'm being pushed roughly against the school wall. At first I start to panic until I hear the footsteps of guys directly behind Harry. I don't dare move to look. I would rather be pushed up against the wall by Harry than have to face them.

When the guys round the corner, they automatically see Harry. Harry puts his hands above my head and leans in closer making a barrier so they can't see.

"Oh Harry boy gettin' some." Says one of the guys playfully.

"Who is she Harry? Oh and have you seen a girl walk by here recently? Brown eyes, long brown hair, thin-"

"No." Harry says roughly interrupting him.

"Oh well too bad she would have been a good-"

"Screw off Jaxon. I'm busy here." He says interrupting them again. He moves his body closer to me when the guy named Jaxon shifts to look past him.

"Okay man sorry. You don't need to freak out." He says casually and turns the other way. His group of friends follow close behind leaving in the same direction they came from.

Harry immediately steps back when the guys are out of sight. When he steps back I nearly collapse. I hadn't realized I was that scared and that the only thing holding me up was Harry. He quickly grabs my elbow steadying me as he backs away.

"Stay away from them. You shouldn't have been alone." He says roughly.

"Excuse me?" I say in surprise. "I was on school grounds how am I supposed to-"

"Just do as I say." He says getting angrier by the second.

"I don't even know you. You can't tell me what to do." I snap at him.

His eyes seem to get darker as he squints at me. Without another word he turns on his heels and walks towards the parking lot leaving me behind.

******

There's something peculiar about Harry. I can't quite understand what his problem is. I want to get to know him. For some reason he intrigues me.

I'm at home cleaning my room because it's becoming a mess. I walk in my closet and notice a box of items I forgot to unpack. I open it and see a soccer uniform but it's not mine. I pull it out of the box and recognize it immediately. Tears threaten to fall from my eyes. I look back in the box and notice a photo album. I take it out of the box and stand up, leaning against the wall as I look at the pictures.

The pictures are of Justin and me. As I flip the page my eyes become blurry and it gets harder to see. I feel a wrenching pain when I notice the last few pictures. Those picture were taken more recently and a few days before he left. I slide down the wall not being able to support myself any longer. I start to sob not knowing what else to do. All I can think is...why?

I know Justin was in a gang. Ever since he was in high school, some older kids threatened him into being in this gang and he was never able to get out of it. He only told me about the gang. Justin never did drugs or anything, he just worked for them by collecting money that was never paid on time. This could be dangerous considering the fact that he's collecting from drug addicts. At any moment there could be a nasty battle with knives or guns and you could get stabbed or shot.