Chapter 2

After lunch I have gym. Unfortunately Bryelle wasn't in my class. On the brighter side Jasmine was.

We walk into the gym and go straight to the gym locker rooms. I put on my jogging shorts and a loose tank top with some running shoes. When Jasmine finishes changing we walk back into the gym. Only half of the class is ready. Jasmine and I decide to talk about the people in our gym class just so I can familiarize myself with them.

"Okay that one is Dylan. He is really athletic, he plays football but he's a total player." I nod quickly scanning over the guy.

"Over there is Andrew. Super smart, not too bad at sports. I'd date him if he asked me."

"That one is-" Jasmine is interrupted by a loud smash of the gym doors. The black haired guy I saw outside walks in. He turns back around noticing that no one is following him. He shrugs and walks into the changing rooms.

"His name is Zayn Malik by the way." I nod slowly. He seems dangerous.

The gym teacher blows his whistle and everyone huddles together.

"Good afternoon class. Today is the first day of gym class and what better sport than dodgeball to play as initiation."

Loud footsteps come from behind me. The whole class turns around and notices two boys running our way. One of them is Zayn Malik and the other one is the curly haired guy from outside.

"Zayn and Harry you are late for gym class on the first day. Not a good start."

So Harry is his name...

They both roll their eyes without the teacher noticing. It's obvious that the teacher's not going to get an apology.

The class is split up into two teams. Jasmine is on my team and I notice that Zayn and Harry are put on the other team.

The balls are thrown onto the court. All the guys run towards the balls. I decide to stay back and wait for the balls to be thrown.

One guy looks at me mockingly as I stand there. I stand up straight to give him a glare. He whips the ball at my stomach which makes it perfectly easy for me to catch. I catch it and laugh. The guy stares at me with wide eyes and backs away. I turn to Jasmine who is also looking at me with her mouth open.

"Damn Jules." She says

I walk forward with the ball. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a guy about to throw a ball at Jasmine. I quickly turn and aim for his knees. Before he has the time to react, the ball bounces off of his knees and rolls back into our end. I smile at the guy who just stands there for a few seconds. Realizing he got hit by a girl, he walks shamefully to the bench.

I back up slowly deeper into my half of the gym so I'm not as big of a target. I scan the area and notice Zayn picking up a ball. He walks to the half line and glances at the numerous people on my team. His eyes land on me as a smirk begins to form on his face. He turns back to talk to Harry so I quickly run forward to grab a ball rolling close to my feet and throw it at his hip. The ball bounces off of him before he's able to swivel his head back in my direction. He glances at me in surprise as I stand there. He turns back around to Harry. Harry stands there emotionless eyeing me carefully. I look at Zayn and give him an innocent wave as he walks to the bench.

I hear Jasmine call my name so I glance over just in time for her to scream. "Watch out!"

I quickly jump back as one ball flies by my arm and another flies right at my knees. I bend down on one knee and catch the ball just before it hits me. Harry is now looking at me with a ball in his hand. His gaze is hard, emotionless. At first he looks unimpressed but I can't tell because his emotions are completely hidden. A ball is whipped at him and he blocks it with ease. The whole time he doesn't take his eyes off of me. Instinctively, I step back from his stare. Before anything more could happen the coach yells at us to get changed before the bell rings.

I walk over to Jasmine who is sitting on the wall.

"Damn Jules you can play."

"Thanks." I answer shyly. While I'm talking to Jasmine I feel like there are eyes burning my back. I turn around to find Harry still staring at me curiously. It's as if I'm being observed under a microscope. He begins to walk over to me until someone steps in front of my line of view.

"Hey there sweetheart." I look up to find a very attractive guy.

"Hi." I answer.

"I'm Jace. And you're Jules right? New? I'm really impressed, you're very athletic."

"Thanks, and ya I'm new. Just moved recently."

I glance around Jace's shoulder. Harry and Zayn have completely disappeared out of site once again.