Chapter 50

I lie on the couch watching tv and cuddled with a pillow. My parents have went to bed early after their numerous nights of restless sleep. It's only ten at night on a Thursday and I'm not tired enough to go to bed but too tired to move.

I hear a knock on a window and prop myself up to look behind me. I don't see anything but I wait staring at the window close to the front door.

The knock sounds again and I see the knuckles of someone.

I get up slowly and walk to my front door looking out of the peep hole. A figure that's too far to the left stands there. I slowly open the door and look around the corner. Harry stands there with his hands in his pockets.

"Sorry I didn't want to knock and wake your parents. I noticed they were home."

"How thoughtful of you." I say sarcastically.

He looks at me confused.

"What do you want Harry?" I ask keeping the door slightly open.

"Well um-"

I stand there staring at him. He rubs his neck and my eyes dart to his arm. I shut my eyes tightly to prevent myself from succumbing to Harry's beauty.

"I just wanted to see if you were okay."

"Why? Have I given you any indication that I would be upset?" I say flatly.

"Well Jane kind of-"

"I know what Jane did. I really don't care if that's what you're asking."

"Look I know she can affect people and-"

"I'm not the least bit affected by her."

"Oh... good."

"K." I answer coldly. "Is that it?"

"Uh well ya." He says.

"Alright."

I start to close the door when suddenly a foot prevents me from fully closing it.

"No. No! That's not all!"

"Then what Harry?" I say frustrated. "I'm tired and it's late."

"Yes, that's why you were watching tv."

I go to close the door on him again but he shoves it open. He grabs my arm and pulls me out and shuts the door behind me.

"Look I don't think you can't play sports."

"Ok. Now tell that to me in front of Jane and I'll believe you."

"What?" He growls frustrated.

"Harry look, I know that we have a good time out of school and then you go ahead and tell me that I'm different and bla bla bla but I know it's just talk. I know you act differently at school and I get it. You want people to see a certain side of you. You don't want to ruin your bad boy, or whatever the hell it is, image." I say shrugging and looking at him square in the eyes.

"That's not no that isn't-"

"Harry you wouldn't even smile at me in the hallway."

He stands there giving me an angry stare.

I look at him unamused and laugh dryly.

"Don't make this seem like you're the victim Harry. This bullshit is frustrating and I always forgive you or try to understand but-"

"I'm not used to showing emotions it's not my god damn fault!!!" He screams in my face. "Whenever I do they come back to bite me in the ass!!"

"Harry disagreeing with Jane about me having a ballerina figure isn't making yourself vulnerable if that's what you're worried about." I say crossing my arms.