Chapter 11

I'm running as fast as I can down the street trying to catch up to the retreating figure.

"Stop." I say breathless. "Stop!" I manage a little louder.

I continue running, pushing as hard as I can but my effort doesn't seem to be enough.

Suddenly the person stops. From behind I can tell it's my brother but as they step out of the shadows I'm not so sure anymore.

The person slowly turns around carrying out the suspense. I don't move because my feet seem to be glued to the floor.

The face is blurry and dark. The person takes a step forward, then another until they reach me. He stands over me with his looming height.

"You don't want to get to know me." Says the voice in a deep menacing tone.

Wait what?

I blink rapidly trying to clear the blurry vision from my eyes. As they begin to focus the face starts to contort in many different ways. The face slowly turns into a face I recognize.

Harry.

^^^^^^

I sit up in bed breathing hard. This is the first time my dreams have been about someone other than my brother. My breaths comes out in irregular rhythms. Eventually, my breath hitches and I get the hiccups.

I drag myself out of bed to get a glass of water. I look at the clock as I exit my room, it reads 3:30am.

Once I get myself a glass of water I climb back into bed. I'm feeling overwhelmingly tired but I don't want to go back to sleep. Instead, I lie in bed awake letting my mind wander to different topics.

The topics are random but somehow they always seem to link back to Harry.

The grass is green-green eyes-Harry.

Soccer-sprinting-Harry.

Smiles-smirks-dimples-Harry.

I can't seem to control the reoccurring thoughts. Eventually I give up trying to prevent the thoughts of Harry.

I think back to the events of last night even though it makes my stomach clench.

That moment last night after I started to feel overwhelmed, I decided I needed to get away. It wasn't because of Harry I just... I just needed to run. Instead of letting me run away he ran after me. He didn't wait for me to finish my panic attack... he helped me. I heard him panicking while he tried to get me to breathe. He was yelling my name and swearing. It would've been easier to tell if he was concerned if I could've actually seen his face. Anyways, instead of laying me on my back so it's easier for me to breathe he kissed me.

He kissed me.

Somehow, someway I stopped hyperventilating. I don't understand, it doesn't make sense to me. After he helped me up, he supported me all the way to the restaurant. He was nice enough not to dig deeper and ask questions.

On the other hand, he was completely silent the rest of the night and stared at me like I was an alien... well that's what it felt like anyways.

And then! And then he kissed my cheek and left. I don't know what to think of this. I can't read the signals. I guess I just need to act as normal as possible and things will eventually fall into place.

I look back at my clock after finishing my train of thought. It's already 6:30am.

I get up slowly because of my pounding headache. I take an Advil as I'm getting ready in the bathroom. I look in the mirror and notice the long scratch on my cheek. As I'm looking at my cheek, I can't help but notice the dark blue bags under my eyes. Great...

I leave the bathroom and put on some clothes. I'm too tired to put any effort into my outfit so I decide to put on some yoga pants and a large comfy sweater. I walk to my mirror and put make up on to cover up my scratch and the bags under my eyes. I braid my hair into a French braid after numerous attempts at taming my hair.

I go downstairs and eat cereal while watching tv waiting for Bryelle to show up at my house.

When I finish my food, I leave the bowl and spoon in the sink and grab my bag heading out the door. I look at my phone as I walk down the steps of my porch and click on a text from Bryelle.

From: Bryelle

Hey, sorry I can't pick you up. I have to make a detour to bring my brother from the dentist to school so I'm gonna be late. See you at school xox

Well what a great start to the day.

I walk down my driveway when I see a familiar black car turn the corner. I stop walking as the car approaches me.

"Get in." Harry says as soon as he rolls down the window. I look at him confused as to why he showed up at my house. I open the door and jump in his car.

"Thanks. I thought I was going to be late because Bryelle just cancelled on me and I thought I had to walk to school." I explain. He just nods and continues driving.

"You remember we have gym first period right?" he asks glancing at me quickly.

"Yup. Didn't he say we're going outside today and doing a special activity or something?" I ask forgetting what the teacher said last class.

"Ya I'm not too excited about that." He answers me.

"Are you going to the party this Friday?" He asks after a few minutes of silence.

"Well I'm not sure it depends on my friends." I answer honestly.

"Go with me." He states instead of asking.

"Well-" He cuts me off before I can answer.

"It's not a typical house party. They're renting out a large building usually for big gatherings and right outside is a pool."

"Oh." I say a little surprised. "Well that does seem interesting but-"

"Oh come on." He interrupts again.

"Live a little princess."

"I. I mean..." I hesitate.

"I'm not going to ask again." He says as a threat. I look at him curiously.

"Ask me what again? You didn't ask me anything Harry."

"Yes I-" He starts.

"No you didn't." I interrupt giving him a taste of his own medicine. He grumbles making it obvious that he's annoyed.

"What? You need me to spell it out for you? You're going with me to the party."

"Harry that's not a question." I fireback.

"I do and say what I want." He says.

"Well so do I." I reply stubbornly crossing my arms over my chest. He laughs at my reaction. We pull into the parking lot of the school and he unlocks the doors of his car.

"You're going with me Juliette." Is all he answers then gets out of his car walking away.

I get out and close the door having to jog to catch up to him.

"Stop. Calling. Me. Juliette."

"That's your name isn't it Juliette? Juliette Daniel?" He asks.

I stop in the middle of walking. He stops too, facing me at the entrance of the school.

"You're fucking impossible." I say tired of arguing with him. I normally don't swear but sometimes he really gets on my nerves. I swiftly walk past him through the front doors of the school.

I don't dare look back or I'll probably be rewarded with a death glare.