Chapter 12

There were hills, one of them with a staircase leading up and what seemed to a large silver treasure chest.

"Is that a...chest?" Germany asked, noticing it as they went over to the stairs.

"Yes, it seems to be. But I would be careful around it if I was you." England advised. "It's possible it could be a trap. Which also means a monster can come out and I'd rather not have anyone injured by this."

"Pfff! We just beat a crazy chainsaw wielding me!" America said, striding towards the box. He flung open the box and bent down, eventually coming back up with two plates of...pasta? "Sweet! We got food!"

"Don't eat it right away America!" England said, stomping over and snatching away one of the plates. "This is to be used only when we're injured!"

"But why?" France asked. "It's literally just pasta."

"Germany stated before that this WAS a fantasy world. And, as such, this world operates in a similar way." England explained. "This is just a way of helping us heal in this world, should Prussia fail to do his job in the real world."

"Then why pasta of all things aru?" China asked.

"This world was created by Italy." Germany stated. "That should be all you need to know."

"Fair enough point." Russia said. After deciding where to keep the plates, they continued on, coming across a few more chests. But, due to England's insistence, they avoided them. It was a while before they came across anything of interest. And most of the time, it was just silence that followed them. That is until they came across one of the same faeries that England had found before.

"Welcome travelers, care to barter?~" The faerie said happily.

"So these faeries follow us around?" Germany asked, glancing at England.

"I think so. Can't be too sure." He replied. "But we can at least trade with it. I hope at least someone brought Heta with them."

They ended up buying about 2 or 3 scones, which, as England explained bitterly, would revive them if they happened to be knocked out in battle, and several bottles of bordeaux wine, which would give them any energy to preform magical attacks. 

"This should be enough for now. It's possible we can come across more supplies along the way." England said. 

"You know what this whole thing reminds me of?" America suddenly asked. "It reminds me of those big adventure games! Like the ones Japan sometimes makes!"

"It is true." Japan agreed. "This does have a RPG feel to it..."

"Probably just a coincidence. Now let's move along, we really need to catch up with the other Japan." Germany said. They then proceeded along.

 Soon enough, they came across what seemed to be the end of the path, a large chasm opening up in front of them. It seemed as though there was once a bridge there, however, it was now broken. The Japan was glancing down at the chasm, then across the chasm. He then glanced behind him, surprised to see the whole group of nations there behind him.

"Looks like the end of the line." England said. America held up a hand, taking a step towards the Japan.

"Don't worry guys, the hero's got this." He said, as if that would be reassuring. He took another step towards the Japan, who backed away, absolutely horrified.

"STAY AWAY." He said.

"Huh?" America stopped, looking confused. "Japan! Buddy! It's me! Your good buddy Ameri-"

"DON'T COME ANY CLOSER." The Japan yelled this time.

"America, you're scaring him. Stand down." England ordered, stepping towards the American. America turned to face him, looking even more bewildered.