Chapter 30

"Aru~ This is the best stuff~" Russia smiled, happy to see his friend this...well happy!

"Oh yes, your family made sure to get all of this just for you. They love you very much." He said. His friend's smile only grew wider.

"Aaah, they're too kind to me, aru! Just like you are!" He said. Russia rubbed the back of his head, letting out a small laugh.

"Aw, shucks!" There was a sudden bang as the doors opened, making both of them jump. Germany and England raced in, both of them holding their weapons.

"China!!" Germany yelled. "Are you all right??" China only tilted his head, evidently confused. 

"Remember, they don't remember their former selves." England pointed out. Germany gave the Englishman a quick glare.

"But he was normal not too long ago, he couldn't have completely forgotten!" He argued. England was silent for a moment, as if he was suddenly noticing something.

"...Wait a tic. Something smells off." He said. It was more than the scent of the room that seemed off. The room was filled to the brim with smoke, making it hard to see the two across the room.

"Are you two birdies here for tea, aru?" China asked cheerfully, standing up from the bench he was sitting on.

"...Birdies?" Germany repeated, just in disbelief.

"Wait, I know this smell!" England suddenly exclaimed. "He's high off of opium!" Germany turned to him, a bit confused.

"Opium?"

"An addictive drug much like cocaine." England explained. He then added, with a hint of regret and bitterness, "He and I used to smoke it together back in the day."

"I didn't need to know that." Germany said, turning back to China. Russia glared at them, moving protectively in front of his friend. He was not going to lose another one.

"..Can we help you two? This is an executive floor, you shouldn't be here." He said darkly.

"You shouldn't be here either! Let China go!" England yelled, glaring at the taller man. China walked up besides Russia, looking a bit more excited.

"Who is this Chynah they keep talking about?" He asked, sounding almost like a child. "Is it a flower? Can we make tea out of it?" He started bouncing excitedly. "Oh that would be wonderful, I could make tea for all of my family, aru!" Russia turned to him, smiling.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea~" He said.

"Cina, snap out of it!! Stop smoking for just a second and listen to me!" Germany yelled, fed up with this. China stopped bouncing, turning to Germany.

"...Who? Me? I'm not Chynah, I am Hanged man, aru!" China- er...make that Hanged Man said. "The tweleth arcana! I am not a tea flower, you silly chickens, aru!" 

"...I thought we were birdies." England muttered. Russia, looking slightly worried, grabbed Hanged Man's hand and pulled him a bit closer.

"Hanged Man, come here for a moment." He said, leading him away from the two countries. "These two are in here to try to take you away from your opium, family and me." He whisper-explained. "I do not think it is a good idea to let them be in here anymore." Hanged Man covered his mouth in shock, looking horrified.

"Wha?? B-But I don't wanna go, aru!" He said, lowering his hands slightly. Russia smirked and summoned a spear. Without even saying a word, Hanged Man knew what he had to do. He had to kill both of them.

"Be ready, Germany. This opium is thick." England said, raising his wand. "I don't know what its properties are, either t will be poisonous or used as a hiding shield."