Chapter 43

The dust from the fall had settled, leaving most of the nations in the group coughing slightly. The castle was completely gone, destroyed entirely. Japan fell onto his knees, looking at the rubble with the same wide eyed, pale look as before.

"...Who?" Canada asked after a long pause, taking a concerned step towards the nation. Japan didn't say a single word.

"...Japan?" China said, looking worried too.

 Still, no reply.

"I don't think he is willing to talk right now." France said, scratching the back of his neck. Prussia walked towards Japan as well, ignoring France entirely.

"Oi, buddy?" He asked. "Are you gonna be-"

"Don't." Japan said, moving towards the rubble. His voice was low, dangerously low. Prussia gave a small yelp, backing away.

"Oh dear, this seems serious." Russia commented.

"Justice..." France repeated, thinking quickly. "That is an arcana name if I am not mistaken." 

"I wonder if he met them in there while he was trying to escape." England said, quietly and thoughtfully. 

"He has witnessed the most death of loved ones out of all of us, whoever was this 'Justice' must have gotten trapped in there as well." France pointed out. "It is no wonder it suddenly takes a large toll on him. Who knows how much more he can take."

"That's very true." was all England even said in response. There was a pause before Prussia turned to Austria, still glancing over at Japan out of the corner of his eye.

"....So, young master." He said, making the Austrian turn. "You've been self-aware this entire time?" Austria nodded.

"Yes, I have." He confirmed. "I woke up in that room and that Prussia was there, he was acting different than normal so I figured it was a dream." 

"What did he do to you in there?!" Prussia demanded. "Probably horrible things!!"

"It was very enjoyable, actually." Austria said, rolling his eyes very slightly at Prussia. "We drank tea, had pleasant conversations, and played on the piano together. He plays very nicely." Prussia just shook his head, covering his ears.

"I don't want to hear any more of this!!" He yelled. 

"...But, Prussia, I do need to thank you, I suppose." Austria said, making the german turn in surprise. 

"What was that?"

"It seemed that other you was quite dangerous, if you didn't try to protect me it would have tried to slice me in two with those claws." Austria said. "Plus, if what you all said is true about staying in there, well, thank you."

"It was nothing, young master!" Prussia said with his usual smirk. "Just my awesome heroic skills at work!"

"Hey! Only I can be the hero around here!" America protested.

"Then let's be heroes together, ja??" Prussia suggested, earning an equally as large grin from America.

"Hmm, sure!" The american agreed. "Every hero needs a sidekick!" 

"Ja wohl!!" 

"...Uh..." Germany didn't even have a single thing to say about this....strange interaction between the two. But someone else certainly seemed to.

"I suppose no matter where you're from, there will always be strange brothers." England said, glancing to the German. 

"Indeed." Germany agreed, nodding. There was a short pause before Japan, of all people, broke it.