Chapter 46

The church was dead silent. And it wasn't the same type of silence you would normally find in churches. It put chills down the spines of some of the nations as they entered, making the hairs on the back of their neck stand up. They slowly headed through one of the two halls, reaching a staircase after a few moments. 

The 2nd floor could've been just as quiet as the first. However, it was clearly not, due to a skittering noise from down one of the hallways. Instantly, every single one of them were on edge, pulling all weapons out once--

"...A mouse, really?" France asked, lowering his sword slightly. 

"What's your problem?" Germany said. "Considering all the other things we fought, this shouldn't be a problem." 

"Yes, well..." France hesitated. The mouse looked up at them with big, brown eyes, almost in an innocent way. "Mm. It looks cute and weak. It doesn't even seem to be fighting back." He began walking towards the mouse, bending down next to and sheathing his sword. "Ah, I just want to pet them. Tres--" He reached a hand out to it. 

The mouse looked at his hand, as if considering it, before lunging out at it and biting down hard. France let out a yelp and tried shake the mouse off. Amazingly, the mouse instead seemed to lift him into the air?! And in just a few seconds after that, it seemed to throw him right into the wall opposite of them. The nations stared in mute shock as France slid back down the wall, completely unconiscious at this point. The mouse turned back to them, looking just as innocent as before.

"AH! FRANCE!" England finally yelled after a few minutes of shock. 

"Let's get out of here!!" Germany ordered. None of the nations had any objections and they all immediately ran down the hallway the mouse came from, with the exception of Prussia and Spain, who stopped for a moment to grab France before running after them.

The mouse watched them run off, don't doing a thing to stop them or even making any moves to chase after them. It put a paw to its mouth, shaking slightly as if laughing, before it ran down the other hallway. 

It knew where it had to go, and that was a small, yet amusing detour.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The nations had to take a few moments break to first wake France back up, and then a moment for him to get his bearings once again before they finally headed back. They spotted a few more mice as they walked through the hallway, which they all carefully avoided. Eventually, they found a staircase and a door. The only thing at the top of the staircase was a locked wooden door, and no sign of a key. 

So, they decided to go through the other door. Which was supposedly the Library, if the faded sign next to the door was to be believed. The group all walked in, immediately blown away by the sheer size of the whole library. It probably took up a good chunk of the building, and it probably stretched downstairs as well.

"Wow, this library is amazing!" Canada said, breathless. 

"It'd take like, a million years to read these books!" America exclaimed, peering at the spines of all the books lining the walls and shelves. 

"Actually, it takes about 3.4 years for a human to read them." A voice said, echoing off the walls of the room.  Every single nation spun around, surprised to see Priestess walking towards them, a calm but welcoming smile on his face. "Hello once more, everyone. I have been expecting you." 

"Priestess!" Germany said in surprise. 

"Thank goodness you're all right!" France said, relieved.