Chapter 16

The run from the Christmas filled room was panic-filled, much like the run in the cave. And this time, as they ran through the  building, parts of the ceiling fell off, burning. They had just bad it to the staircase for the 2nd floor when Finland suddenly stopped them, wrenching his arm away from Germany's grasp.

"W-WAIT!" He yelled, glancing around at the room, sometimes moving pieces of rubble.

"Finland?!" England said, turning to face him.

"What are you doing, come on!!" Germany yelled, about to walk right back over to the Fin and grab his arm again.

"We can't leave without them!!" Finland protested. "We can't!"

"Who??" France asked. The building shook even more violently underneath them, as if urging them to move faster.

"Joe-Jack!" Finland cried back, attempting and succeeding at moving a large piece of rubble, finding nothing under it.

"Euh?" Russia said, having to dodge a falling piece of the ceiling for a moment.

"And Azul! And and See-saw Silver, darling Mary, and little Hack in the Box. And poor precious Beary!" Finland said, listing off names. "He's probably scared out of his mind, the dear!" The nations all glanced at each other, completely lost.

"Who???" China finally asked as Finland tried to move another piece of rubble.

"I think he means the toys." England guessed. 

"Those abominations!? Hell nah!" America yelled.

"We have to get going Finland!" Germany yelled as even more pieces of rubble began to fall. There was also a large crash from upstairs. The top floor must've falled. And if they weren't  fast enough, this floor was next.

"No!! I can't leave them behind!" Finland protested. "They are my children of Christmas!" The building shook even more, nearly throwing them off balance.

"We need to hurry, this place will not last much longer." Japan advised. 

"They must be around here somewhere, I know it!!" FInland said, jumping at the sound of crashing from the next room. This floor was falling down.

"We don't have time for this, you're going to get us killed!" Germany yelled, stomping over to Finland and grabbing him by the arm again. "We're leaving! Now!!" Finland tried to wrench his arm free again, but Germany's grip was like iron this time.

"NO!! PLEASE!!" Finland screamed, being pulled back towards the stairs  by Germany. "LET ME GO!! SWEDEN!! SWEDEN HELP ME!! I HAVE TO SAVE THEM!!" 

"THAT SWEDEN WAS A DEMON WANTING TO KILL YOU." Germany yelled back, pausing for a moment. "HE'S LEFT YOU FOR DEAD, WE'RE LEAVING BEFORE HE GETS HIS WISH."

"NO!! PLEEAASSEE!!!" Finland pleaded. Tears were beginning to spill from his eyes. Germany managed to pull the Finnish man down the stairs, the rest of the nations following. They were already running back through the hall when they heard the upstairs collapse.

It was a several more minutes of frantic running as they made it to the last floor, the fires that burned throughout the building burned even brighter. Until they had made it back to the main entrance. Germany managed to push the door open.

Once outside, Finland pushed his arm free with an immense strength that Germany had never seen before. 

"NOOOOOOOOOO!!" FInland cried, falling down onto his knees while watching the factory burn.

He knelt there, watching the building fall to the ground in horror.

And when the factory was finished, he didn't move from his spot. He stared at the space where his factory once stood.

"My factory..." He said, voice shaking.

"Well, that was a disaster!!" England said, taking a step backwards. 

"Sweden..." FInland didn't give any sign that he had hear the Brit. He just stared at the factory ruins.

"I would have done better if you didn't interrupt me!" Germany growled, glaring at England.

"All gone..." Finland was clearly ignoring the two countries behind him.

"Uh...guys?" America said, turning to the two.

"You were doing nothing but barking at him!" England yelled, turning to face Germany. "Just like the dumb dog you are!"

"Say that again!! I dare you!!!" Germany yelled back, taking a dangerous step towards the Brit.

"GUYS!!" America had to shout over the two.

"WHAT!?"

"WAS?!" Both of them turned, glaring at America.

"FInland isn't looking too good.." America said, glancing back at Finland. "I don't think he's taking all this too well." Both of the previously bickering nations suddenly turned silent, looking past America to the Fin who was staring, heartbroken at the still burning ruins.

"How are you holding up, buddy?" America asked, walking up to Finland and putting a gentle hand on his shoulder.

".....I'll be okay.." He replied quietly. "I just need some time to myself for a while." America nodded.

"All right, that's cool. Take as much time as you need." He said, giving a quick, sympathetic smile. "Head up north if you want a nice place to relax in." Finland silently nodded, now staring at the ground. America walked back towards the others.

"Come on, let's go." He said simply. It was clear that the Finnish nation needed time alone, and America was very willing to give him that space.

"Wouldn't it be dangerous to leave him behind?" China questioned, glancing over at FInland.

"I think he can handle himself." America said confidently, glancing at the FIn as well.

"But where will we go from here?" Russia asked. He had reason to. The tunnel back towards the median was blocked and even if they did find a way back, there was the chasm that they would've had to tried to cross. 

"Uuuuh; no clue." America admitted.

"...there is a kingdom south from here that you can go to. Temperance is the lord of it, he should be able to give you some information." FInland suddenly said. "I pray he is not in the same boat I was."

"Thanks, dude. We'll check ya later!" America said. He turned back to the others. "Southward bound it is!" America did however turn to face Finland again, walking back over to him.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asked.

"...Mmhm..When I'm done here, I'll come find you in my sleigh. I promise." Finland said.

"All right, good deal!" America said cheerfully. 

Meanwhile, Germany had noticed something sticking out of the snow, similar to the one they had found after fighting the Hermit.

"Hey, it's another one of those cards!" America said walking away from Finland

"I'll be taking that." Japan said. Germany gladly handed the card over to him, knowing how Japan could get when it came to collecting items.

"More for your collection?" Germany asked as Japan added this new card to the Hermit's card.

"Hai."

"You know those cards originally belonged to me, correct?" France asked, looking like he wanted the deck back.

"FInders Keepers." Japan simply said, pocketing the small deck. France looked like the nation had mortally wounded him.

"Why I never!" He gasped. Germany gave a small, approving nod.

"I trained you well." He said.

VII - Chariot

And with that, the group began to backtrack, heading back into the cave and back southwards.