Chapter 31

The three nations finally made it out, huffing and panting all the while. Reve must've still been knocked out, as the building was still unscathed.

"Whew, finally made it out." England finally said. 

"There you are!" The three turned, just in time to see France, America and Canada run over. 

"Whooooa! What happened to this place?" America asked, glancing at both the building and to the now dead trees surrounding the whole area. Canada, however, notice the mostly still Russian on Germany's back.

"Huh?! Russia?!" he said, running over. America ran over too, helping the German with the much larger nation.

"There's no time to explain! We need to head back to the opium den where Japan is so we can tend to Russia!" England said. Before any of them could reply, there was a loud screech from the building, making all of them jump.

EEEEEEEEEEYAAAAAAAAA!!!!

"Tch, Reve realized we were gone." Germany said, glancing up at the building.

"That means we have even less time to escape! We need to go!" England yelled. "Quickly!" The others nodded, stopping only once Germany spotted something lying nearby.

"Oh, it's one of those cards." He said, quickly picking it up. China took a look at it, looking a bit disgusted at the picture on it.

"Is...is that me?" He asked. "Ai-yah, I look high as balls."

"You really were." England said, folding his arms.

"Is that so? It is a shame I missed it." France said. Before England could reply, Germany stowed the card away.

"I'll hold onto this card, I know Japan would probably want it for his collection." He said.

XII- The Hanged Man

The group began heading off again, making their way through the now dead forest. It wasn't long before they finally reached the den again. Right by the door, there was a card that lay nearby. Germany stopped to pick it up once more as well.

"Another one?" He said, turning the card over. 

"Yo, it's that Korea guy we were running after!" America pointed out. He was right. Moon was on the card, which couldn't have been a good sign.

"It says here he was 'The Moon'." Canada said. "Interesting." Germany studied the card, looking very uneased by it.

"What's wrong?" England asked, noticing this.

"Don't we normally find these cards after they are defeated?" Germany asked. 

"Well, yes. And we did earlier, remember?" England said. Germany shook his head, stowing the card away as well.

"No, I mean...when they are killed." He said. Getting the German's point, England suddenly looked as uneased as well.

"....Let's go check on them." He said, running to the door. 

XVIII- The Moon.

The others followed in right behind him. And all of them immediately wished they hadn't.

Blood pretty much coated the room. There had been some kind of killing spree, and Japan stood right in the middle of it, looking horrified. There were four bodies, one of them being Moon. Each one of them looked to be in absolute shock, permanently stuck on their face. 

"AI-YAAAAAAA!!" China was the first to make any kind of sound. 

"Bloody hell!!!" England followed up. Japan looked up at them, eyes wide with complete terror.