Chapter 53

Before the entire church could fall down around them, the nations all managed to make it out onto the bridge leading in. It took them a few moments to finally catch their breath (as well as take a headcount in order to make sure they had every nation still with them).

"Is everyone here?" England asked, after attempting one such headcount. 

"Looks like it." Austria replied. There was a moment's silence, before Romano finally broke it.

"...So what the fuck even was that about?" He said simply. 

"To be honest I don't know the whole story either." Austria admitted, looking to the other nations. England sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose before beginning to explain it.

"Well, you see, there's this dream creature, called a Fauchereve who--" Before the englishman could even get into greater depth, the entire ground shook violently. One of the stained glass windows of the church shattered, raining glass down on the nations. A huge fire blast followed, bringing quite a lot of dust and other debris falling down as well.

"GET DOWN!!!" Germany yelled, as more windows of the church shattered and more fire columns followed. The nations all just barely managed to get out of range, just as the entire building exploded as what seemed like fireballs flew out into the sky.

Once the dust finally began to settle, the nations all slowly began moving towards the smoldering ruins. Every single one of them were completely stunned, and none of them really knew what to say.

"What the heck just happened!?" Prussia finally exclaimed, only to be met with even more silence.

"It seemed to be a giant fiery explosion." Japan said. Romano suddenly broke away from the large group, eyes scaning the wreckage for....well, I'm sure you can guess what.

"Sun...." He said quietly, more under his breath than anything. Spain followed closely behind, putting a hand carefully on the italian's shoulder. 

"It'll be okay, Romano." He said, giving one of his bright smiles in hopes of cheering Romano up just a bit. "I'm here for you, I'll always be here." Romano didn't say a word, before a thin smile spread across his face and he made a slight noise that sounded somewhat close to a laugh.

"Grazie....You moron." He said. Spain made a move as to possibly hug him, but probably thought better of it.

"Ah, that's the Romano I know~!" The Spaniard chirped, putting his hands behind his back. "I--" However, before he could continue, the entire area around him lit up brightly, nearly causing Romano to jump back a few feet. When it finally faded, Spain was leaning slightly against a rather familar axe, rather than the lance he had been using before.

"Hey, that's Sun's axe!" Romano yelled, rushing to his friend's side. 

"He must have used the last of his power to transmit his power into you." England observed as Spain finally got his balance once more. "Seems he's not the only one with an enchanted blade." 

"I suppose in this case, one does not simply kill the Sun." France pointed out as well. A slight pause....and then--

"Ha!! I get it! Good one, France!" America said, grinning widely. France didn't reply, but the look on his face clearly said '....I did not make a joke though...'.

"At any rate," England said, stopping any further discussion from occuring, "this place is taken care of."

"How many more of these kind of places are there anyway?" China sighed as the group began moving back out into the desert wasteland.

"Not to mention our team is getting way too big, though I love the company!" Russia added. "The more the merrier!" 

"Merrier...." America repeated, suddenly narrowing his eyes. Suddenly he stopped, blinking once or twice in realization. "Oh my God you guys!!"