PROLOGUE: Where it all started

The sound of the whip filled the large compound as the young girl covered in bruises cries for help and sympathy. she looked at the maids, butlers, manservants and cooks with pleading eyes. They tried to ignore the child in every way possible for they couldn't dare challenge their master. They were already accustomed to their master and mistress's malicious treatment towards the child. However this scene was entirely different from they ones they have witnessed over the years. The poor child was tied and stripped to a tree as her father kept lashing her with the whip, her back sin pierced thoroughly.

"What happened yesterday at the Lancaster's Manor!". Boomed the Marquis of Watson in anger as he kept on whipping the child. Yesterday was an event that the whole of Westernfield couldn't and will never forget. It was the day, the Duke of Lancaster was found badly wounded and his son, Jacob who was celebrating his eighteen birthday dead in their library with a stripped Annamaria cornered at the end of the room with a knife. It was a maid who was sent to call the young duke to bring him back to the ball to that saw the scene and alarmed the guests and Lancaster's household about the incident; that the young duke has been murdered and the duke of Lancaster, badly wounded by Annamaria, the mysterious daughter of the Marquis. No one could ever forget the humiliating slaps received by Annamaria that day from both her parents, the Lancaster household and the whole Westernfield and how the fifteen years old girl was taken home stripped of her dignity and barely without any clothes.

"Why did you kill Jacob?!". The Marquis roared. He stopped whipping and stopped, satisfied with the inexplicable bruises and blood that gushed out from her back. His breathing became heavy and deranged as he looked at the worn out girl referred to as his 'Bastard' with contempt, remembering that she was also the sole reason, he lost his heir and only son. He looked away as his wife came to access the child. She looked at him, her face turned sour.

"Why is she still alive? Why didn't you kill her?!". she yelled at him. He ignored her and requested for a towel from one of the maids.

She continued in rage. "Of course, you saw her mother in her. Just like her mother, she is a whore! Since the day you slept with my cousin of a whore and conceived this demon, this family has known no peace. Now, look what your bastard has caused, as if killing our son wasn't enough, she murdered the future duke of Lancaster in cold blood. She has disgraced this household and our image has been tarnished". she sneered as she spat on the unconscious Annamaria.

"Enough, woman!! stop with your nags and mind the way you speak , Florence. I won't tolerate this behaviour of yours. The council has decided her fate. They will be coming to take her a minute from now. So let all be forgotten". He retorted walking back to the mansion.