CHAPTER 12: Welcome Westernfield

The ballroom in the Westernfield Palace which was 5,600 square feet with a dramatic 11' ceiling was magnificent. The gold painted crystal chandeliers hung on the ceiling, the floor was built in the finest tiles and the curtains were draped with luxurious fabrics. Soft melody filled essence of the room as the high social class of westernfield society parade around the room with their designer attires and luxurious accessories conversing with themselves and the middle and low social class trying to mingle with the higher class and failing miserably in their conversations in the process making mockery of themselves. Everyone in Westernfield both young and old were present especially the invitees.

Rebekah leaned in corner watching people parade themselves, talk about their highly designed clothes and accessories, desperate ladies trying to woo the attention of wealthy men and dukes, meddlers making a fool of themselves. She sighed, she missed Maria. She had decided to leave the palace once she finds Maria and go back to New York.

"Why you hiding?"

Rebekah rolled her eyes and gritted her teeth in annoyance."Mind your business, Charlotte".

Charlotte sipped her wine and leaned on the wall close to Rebekah. "I miss her, too. This ball is a bore without her".

"I thought as much". Rebekah chuckled

"You know, I didn't mean to get her hurt. I just wanted to know why she was always so distanced from me"

Rebekah sighed. "I know"

"I met Maria's family earlier, the Watson's. They don't even care a damn about her"

"Its not surprising".

"I know she is innocent of those accusations made against her". Charlotte turned looking at Rebekah.

"Same here". She breathed

"I am going to find the truth and prove her innocence".

Rebekah smirked. "Of course. You can't just stop poke nosing in other people affairs overnight, it's your hobby but i must say that i agree with this newfound adventure of yours".

Charlotte scoffed taking a sip of her wine.

*******************

At the center of the ball room were Westernfield's highborn, affluent and sophisticated citizenry enjoying the sweet melody from the ball room all except Lord Alexander who held a frown on his dashing and sculptured face, infuriated about Nathaniel's idea of inviting perpetrators especially the Marquis's bastard whom he knew every well caused his family a great pain of ordeal.

"I am glad you could make it, Alex". Aubrey smiled sweetly her affection evident in her tone. She had been secretly in love with the duke of Bakewell since she was a teen and like every other woman dreamed of becoming his wife.

"Of course, Brey. I came too witness the mistake and damage our dear friend , Nathaniel has made". He remarked softly glancing at Nathaniel who glared at him.

"Regardless of what you say, Lexi. Nathaniel is wise enough to make choices for his kingdom. I don't see any mistake here". Lord Kendrick intruded letting out a soft laugh. He was the grandfather of both Penelope and Alexander. A strong and Jovial man in his early sixties.

Alexander scoffed. "Of course, that's because you are old and nearly blind to see what's at stake here"

The old man barked in laughter. "What a smart remark, Lexi". He turned his attention to Prince Nathaniel. "Your majesty, i must admit i haven't seen the Marquis's bastard. i heard you invited her to the palace"

"I prefer that you strain from calling her a bastard, Lord Kendrick. He smiled. "However, i did invite her perhaps she is running late"

"She is not coming, Nathan. In fact, she had left Westernfield as we speak". Alexander spoke blatantly.

Lady Penelope and Aubrey sighed in relief. Prince Nathaniel glared daggers at him."What did you do, Alex?"

Lord Kendrick shook his head in utter disappointment. "He must have threatened her. I was informed he went to dear Mercedes's house".

Alexander huffed, the old man never minds his own fucking business. "Well done, Lord Kendrick, for stating the obvious. Although it could have been best for you to remain oblivious". He said casually taking a sip from his glass.

He looked at Alexander sternly."Of course. Still ill-mannered to the core. But let me warn you, regardless of the past, the Marquis bastard..must not be harmed in any way". He turned to Lady Penelope. "The same warning goes for you too, Penny".

Lady Penelope looked stunned at her grandfather's words which had strung her. Had she brain washed him like she did to Nathaniel. She thought

"Protecting the Murder of your grandson? I am not surprised. You are always on the wrong side but to this extent, I must say, that was so low of you". Lord Alexander scoffed.

"I don't except you to understand, You are still a naive lad. And as usual, always quick to judge disregarding the truth, just heed to my warning, Alex. If you excuse me, I need to see someone". Lord Kendrick concluded leaving the company.

Lord Alexander snorted in pride taking a sip of his wine. "When have I ever heeded to your warning?". He turned his attention to Prince Nathaniel who was still glaring at him

"Alex, If I get to know that Anna was hurt in any way. I won't forgive you neither would I care if you were once my friend". Prince Nathaniel said , his voice dangerously low.

Lady Penelope threw a glare at him. "Can you hear yourself out, Nate? You are jeopardizing your relationship with Alexander because of a scorned woman".

"He knew better when he went against my orders. I personally invited Annamaria to the palace and he threatened her".

Lord Alexander let out a dry, emotionless laugh. "I didn't know she affected you this much. Don't tell me you are in love with her?"

"I----". He paused and looked at the direction of the door.

A solemn silence hung the room as everyone gasped at the sight of her, soon murmurs and whispers filled the room, 'the scorned lady is back'.

Her eyes gazed the room, they were all here. She smirked noticing their eyes on her. "Hello again, Westernfield". She walked further into the ballroom ignoring their piercing stares and glares. She muttered to herself . 'Oh, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

She walked further in to the ballroom ignoring their piercing stares and glares. She muttered to herself. "Oh, hell hath no fury like a woman scorned".

************
There you have it guys. Chapter 11 and 12. Thanks a lot for the support. Especially to @nikelline. @Fantasies-N-TeaIn20s. @jenniferkush. Thanks a lot guys for the encouragement. I will be updating in two days depending on the comments I receive about these chapters. Till then you all should check on their, they all have interesting books.
Sneak peek : next chapter is going to be super hot. Till then stay tuned.
Buona giornata
Ciao. Xoxo😘😘😘