CHAPTER 19: The Feeling Of Revenge

Maria paused in her tracks seeing two hairy figures calling her name at the top of their lungs. she groaned and faced them

"Where the hell have you been? We have been worried sick about you since you left the party last night"

"Am alright Becky, no need for the scolding". Maria countered.

"Oh yeah, well the devil's heiress is alive "

"I am aware"

Rebekah looked at her puzzled at her statement. "And you never said anything. Maria, you knew how i felt about her"

Maria exhaled deeply. "I wasn't certain and i didn't want to make conclusions yet"

Charlotte looked at her skeptically. "And Lord Bakewell?". Maria's heat skipped at the mention of his name.

"Yeah, He was the one that told us about the news. And he seemed pretty vexed about something you did. What did you do, Maria?"

Maria took a deep breath. "I might have taken something precious to him"

Rebekah scrunched her face in confusion. "What exactly?"

"His mistress's daughter. Though i am not sure if she is really his daughter"

They looked at her, horror written all over their faces. Rebekah placed a hand on her chest dramatically. " What did you do? No, What have you done? Did you kidnap the child?"

"I didn't do anything wrong. The child is related to someone close to me. I met her the first day you forcefully brought me to Westernfield and we bonded. She was very sweet and reminded me a lot about myself. So--"

They already knew the bomb, she was going to throw next. One thing they knew about Maria, She could be very possessive sometimes especially when she wants something. So, a typical Maria could want the child all to herself but the case was different as well as the motive. They both knew what was going on, the child was a prawn.

"What were you thinking, Maria?!"Rebekah shrieked. "She is a child!"

"Its not what you think!". She boomed, running her fingers through her hair exasperated. "Don't be too quick to judge. She is well taken care of. And Adam promised to--"

"Adam?! What the hell does Adam know about children or caring for someone, for all we know he might have dropped her in the care of the devil's heiress, the fucking Perez!"

"Maybe that will be for the best"

"Maria, you don't mean that". Charlotte called out softly, reaching out for her.

She drifted back, swallowing an invisible lump down her throat. "I meant every single word i said, l want him to feel the pain of losing someone like how they made me lose myself. Maybe, you are right, Becky, this is my revenge and guess what? I am not done yet".

Rebekah shook her head , disappointment clearly written on her face. "This isn't right, and you know it. The reason for bringing you back here was for you to prove your innocence not this, you are not better than them then"

"Well, am done playing nice. I don't give a shit about proving my innocence, they don't even feel remorse , so why should i play the saint. They want war and am gonna give it to them, am done playing weak. I want to destroy--". Her voice broke, tears building up her eyes. "I want to destroy them, Becky. So stop being a saint and acting like a hypocrite"

Charlotte moved closer to her, engulfing her in a warm hug. "Hey, It's okay. You look tired, you need some sleep"

Maria sniffled. "I need you, Char. I need you to help me"

"Of course , am here for you"

Rebekah scoffed. "Of course, Besties for forever. Anyway am out , just heed to my warning before this revenge for yours ends up avenging you and eating all your morals"

"Thanks a lot, Becky for the advice . I just hope you heed to it when you finally come face to face with a Perez or rather Fabrizia . Then you will understand that when everything you love has been taken away from you, sometimes all you have left is revenge"

"True. But till then, i trust i will have a better judgement. Stay safe, Maria"

Maria nodded her head and sighed deeply. "You too, Becky"