CHAPTER 10: The Devil's Disguise

The picture above is Lord Alexander.
*************,,,
He glared at her. She glared at him. They both were glaring at each other since Mercedes left, neither of them breaking eye contact. Lord Alexander eyed her, his eyes roaming over her body and features. she was okay, he admitted, although not endowed like most of his woman, however he couldn't seem to stop to congratulate his aunt's husband . His choice of mistress always seems to fascinate him just like the girl in front of him. He never acknowledged the man as his uncle, he infuriated him. He was a cheating bastard and didn't deserve his aunt. She wasn't an inch close to his status even as a Marquis daughter not to talk less of being an abandoned daughter. His irritation increased, he couldn't comprehend how a young girl like her could fathom to the pleasures of a man old enough to be her father. He smirked. After all, women are the same, they are always after one thing---money

Maria glared at him for a short while, she could admit that he was indeed  dashing from his facial  features to his Muscular body and his strong firm legs. But he wasn't like him, Nathaniel, whom was like an angel with his peaceful features and lighten orbs.

"Are you done checking me out?"

Maria looked away in embarrassment. "You are mistaken, i was comparing----"

"Indeed". Lord Alexander interrupted  in a bored tone before glancing at his gold Rolex."I have wasted twenty minutes of my time here. So i will get straight to the point. Leave Westernfield this instant and never turn back"

"Excuse me?". She asked a little dumbfounded.

"I won't repeat myself twice. Leave Westernfield with the little dignity you have left. Have you no shame?". He said sternly still glaring at her.

"I have none. But the  decision to leave is mine and no one else"

Lord Alexander snapped angrily."Do I look like i give a damn about your fucking decision? I am not giving you a choice. Disappear, just like you did eight years ago".

Maria clenched her fists. Her voice croaked. "Why?".

His jaw ticked."Why? Did you just ask why? or have you forgotten the incident that happened eight years ago, what you did ? How you murdered Daniel in cold blood?! You were lucky I wasn't present during that time cause i can assure you that you won't even be alive to see this day ". He snarled.

Her throat went dry and her body became rigid. She had forgotten about that night. That night she was accused of killing the young duke. That night she was humiliated and torn apart. All for what? Being wrongly accused of killing someone that tried to help her and having an affair with his father. The mere thought of that night stung her. But one thing was for sure, the man before her was worse than them.

"Cat caught your tongue? Save yourself from more shame and leave. My aunt and cousin has suffered enough that night and coupled with the recent death of her husband, duke of Lancaster"

Maria's eyes widened in surprise."What? The duke of Lancaster is dead?"

He scoffed. " The news didn't get to you? That your beloved lover is dead. He died a year ago in a miserable way though. One of his other lovers poisoned him. But don't bother yourself mourning for him, the stingy bastard left you with nothing". He said nonchalantly, his hands fixed firmly in his pockets.

'He is dead'. His words kept replaying in her head. The bastard was dead! How could life give him such easy punishment?! Death was far from the punishment he deserved. She closed her eyes feeling the ache on her head. Last night was no differ from other nights, still the same nightmares and voices that haunts her. She couldn't even sleep nor close her eyes for a second.

Lord Alexander continued. "I don't care if you are among the invitee or you were invited by the Prince, himself. If i hear that you are still in Westernfield or i see you at the ball tomorrow. I will make sure you join your lover where ever the hell he is and i will make sure--". He paused when he saw her staring at him with wide eyes. "Lucy".

Lucy beamed a huge smile and ran towards him, hugging him with her tiny hands wrapped upon him. Maria stared at the scene with gasps. 'Was her eyes betraying her?' The look in his eyes was different than what he had excepted. He cared for her. His face suddenly softened as he stared at the little girl before them.

"Have you come back from your trip?" She heard Lucia asked smiling at the devilish duke, snapping her from her thoughts.

"Yes dear, I have"

She glanced at Maria and turned back to Lord Alexander. "Have you met Maria? She is my new friend". She then turned back to Maria. "Maria, this is the friend I told you about"

"You don't say"

Lord Alexander shot her a hard glare before turning back to Lucia with a smile. "You don't need friends like her, Lucy. I have handled everything and you can now play with your mates at the playground during break periods in school".

Lucia beamed a huge smile giving Lord Alexander another hug. A big one!

Maria watched the scene with a smirk of satisfaction on her face. Now for the bitter truth, 'Everyone has their weak spot. The one thing that despite your best efforts, will always bring you to your knees, regardless of how strong you are otherwise'. To her advantage, he had openly displayed his weakness, flaw. And she was going to use it against him

She continued to watch the scene, new thoughts of revenge unfolding within her. She paused as Lord Alexander bent down giving Lucia a quick kiss on the forehead before he glowered at her and left. She finally turned to Lucia, her smirk spreading her lips. "Let's go to bed dear. We have a long day ahead of us"

*********************

My beloved reader and wattpadders, thanks for reading and stay tuned for more chapters. The upcoming chapters are going to be hot because the setting will all center on the castle, their dramas, more of Maria's hidden pasts, nightmares, love triangles and so on.

please vote, share and comment. i love reading your comments, it gingers me to write more chapters. I will be updating another chapter tomorrow hopefully. love you guys. xoxo
😘😘😘😘