CHAPTER 3: A Journey's argument

Thanks a lot guys for the support
The picture above is the image of the Westernfield castle.
please don't forget to like and share
**********************************
Maria sat on the kitchen counter in her two bedroom apartment she lived with her friend, Rebekah. The apartment was styled in a simple way, Maria poured herself another glass, her eyes red indicating the lack of sleep and her hair looked messy and unkept.

"Maria". she turned to see her friend, Rebekah already dressed up in a pair of black jeans with a red tank top and a black jacket, in summary she looked bad ass.

Maria smiled, "Nice outfit, Are you going somewhere?"

"Are you okay, Maria?". Rebekah asked in concern ignoring her previous question.

Maria smirked, "If I recall, I believe I asked you a question first".

"You haven't slept well since that incident?". Rebekah said sounding more like a query.

Maria sighed, "I haven't"

"You look horrible"

" I know"

"You need help, Maria". Rebekah whispered sadly.

"I don't. What i need is proper sleep and i can't do that without my pills. i need them, Becky".

"You don't. What you need is proper therapy and medical care"

"For Christ's sake, i don't need any therapy or medical care. If you can't help with the pills, Fine! i am going to my room". Maria said curtly feeling dizzy. Standing up, she heard the door bell, she turned to Rebekah, who was already at the door. "Are you expecting someone?"

"Yes". she replied softly opening the door to reveal a smiling Adam.

Maria looked deadpanned at the both of them, "What is going on here?" She turned to Adam. "I thought i told you not to show up in my face, What are you doing here?"

"Nothing much, just came to escort you to the Westernfield castle". Adam replied with a grin

"It seems you were practically deaf yesterday, i told you, i will think about it. I haven't decided yet, so please use the door or maybe Becky can see you off since she let you in. i am going to my room". Maria said feeling lightheaded as she holds the counter for support.

"Don't worry, Maria. You will get to sleep but not in your apartment". Adam stated moving closer to her

Maria looked at Rebekah perplexed as realization dawned on her , "You drugged my drink"

"You need help, Maria. I am only trying to help, those nightmares and whatsoever may have happened those twelve months are destroying you. You are becoming worse day by day"

"I....." Maria started, falling into Adam's arms. Adam carried her on his shoulder and turned to Rebekah, "We have to go, the plane boards in thirty minutes".

'Of course'. Rebekah said grabbing hold of the suitcase

************************

Rebekah looked at Maria in the back seat sleeping peacefully. They were now on their way to Westernfield, they were questioned at the airport about Maria's inappropriate appearance but Adam brushed it all aside quickly replying that she was ill and needs immediate treatment at Westernfield which to her amazement convinced the immigration officers as they all gave their concerns and prayers for her well being

"This is the first time I have seen her sleep so peacefully". Rebekah continued looking at Adam,"She is going to ask about the drug I put in her drink"