Chapter 15

I didn't go to school yesterday because I was so tired. Now it is Wednesday, 4 more days till Jayden comes home. Today I have a softball game and it is the first on that he isn't at I realized.

I woke up to a text from Jayden saying:

J: morning baby good luck at your game love you.

I smile at the text. And text back:

H: morning babe love you. 4 more days.

After that I got up and got ready and Carly picked me up.

Now I am at school in last period. Today has went by really fast which I am happy about. Lately my ankle, the one I broke when I was little, has been hurting and I don't know why.

All of today there was this new kid that I had to walk around school his name is Mason Anderson.

Ring. The bell goes off signifying the end of the day. I rush to my locker and put my books away and get my stuff. I walk to the locker room and see the girls are already here. "Hey babez!" Carly say when I walk in. I quickly change into my uniform.

Once we are all done changing we grab our stuff and head to the field. "When does Jayden come back?" Jazz asked as we walk to the field. 

I sigh and say, "Sunday."

"Isn't that the day when Mike leaves?" She asked. 

I nod. "Yeah I am driving him there because his flight is at 4:30 and than I am just going to stay at the airport till Jayden lands at 5:15." I tell them. They nods as we walk into the dugout.

The game is about to start and my foot is really hurting but I've just been ignoring it. The game is about to start. I am starting pitching and also pitching the whole game. I look at the crowd and see the guys, I wave and they wave back.

I walk the mound, grabbing the game ball and Jazz walks behind home plate. I throw my 5 of my practice pitches before the game starts. One. Two. Three outs.

I am pitching and it is the four inning and my ankle is hurting a lot. I go into my wind up for my pitch. When I step I land on my left foot which is the ankle that is hurting. I landed on my foot and let go of the ball. I crash down to the ground in pain. My coach and everyone in the in-field come rushing to me.

"Oh my god what happened?" Carly asked worried. 

"My ankle." I tell her and my coach. My coach and Jazz help me up wrapping my arms over their shoulders taking me to the dugout. They sit me in the bench and take off my cleat and wrap my ankle, that is now swollen, in ice.

The game kept going and the back up pitcher is now pitching. The coach came over to my side and sat next to me. "How are you feeling?" She asked. 

"It hurts a lot and I can normally push through this pain but not this time." I sigh. She nod and re-wraps my ankle with ice. Every time she moves my foot it hurts making me whimper. 

"Is it really painful to move?" She asked. I nod weakly to answer her. 

"Okay I think you might need to go to the ER just to make sure it isn't really bad. You don't want to make it worse." She says very worried. I nods.

The girls come rushing in after the inning was done. The coach walks over to Carly to tell her what happened. After Carly is down talking to coach she comes over to me. "Hey I'm going to have Connor take you to the ER and than we will be there after the game since we can't leave." She says sincerely. I nod 'okay'.