chapter 2

it had been 2 weeks since Amelia's attack. Owen had taken time off to stay with her, and chief Bailey told him to take as long as they both needed. all day, Amelia would sit and stare into space, with a very distant look in her eyes. whenever Owen would talk, she'd look round at him as if she had just realised he was there. she flinched at any sort of touch, and refused to eat on the most part. Owen had enough trouble getting her to drink enough water throughout the day. her body became very skinny, and Owen hated to say it, but when they were in bed at night, it was like he had his arms around skin and bone...

April, Mere, Maggie, Callie and Arizona were always dropping round to see how she was doing, but wouldn't stay long when all Amelia would do was sit and look into the distance as they made small talk with Owen. Owen meanwhile was breaking. every night he would hold her as she cried silently, wishing he could protect her from everything bad in the world. she could barely acknowledge his existence, as her mind reluctantly played the event over and over again. her hair had grown unhealthy from the lack of food she was eating, her clothes didn't fit her anymore and her bones stuck out.

3 days later, amelia was attempting to reach a mug from one of the higher cabinets in the trailer. she barely had enough energy to pick herself up from the couch, let alone reach high enough for one of the mugs. she used one last ounce of energy, but her hand only skimmed one of the front mugs. this however was enough to send many things from the cabinet crashing down, right on top of her. she tumbled to the floor, her head smashing the cabinet as she fell. she screamed out in pain and lay on the floor, sobbing as loud as she could. Owen heard the commotion from the toilet and came running out. he lay eyes on poor amelia sprawled on the floor and immediately rushed to her side. he held her while she cried, and in between each sob she tried to explain how all she wanted was a mug. he soothingly hushed her, and lent back to see what sort of state her head was in. a huge lump had formed on the left side of her forehead, and had turned a deep purple. he gently lifted her up bridal style, and grabbed his keys to take her to his truck.
'Owen..' she whispered, trying to let him know how much pain she was in.
'shh, I'm going to take you to the hospital, you're going to be okay I promise' he soothed.
they arrived at the hospital, and amelia was later admitted for her head and malnourished body.
'she's so thin, I don't know how she has enough energy to hold her head up' Bailey said as she discussed Amelia's options with Owen. amelia first needed a CT, to check her head was okay, but she couldn't go home without either agreeing to eat something, or letting them put her on IV fluids - both of which she was reluctant to do. Owen looked at Miranda with pain in his eyes and sighed.
'I don't know how to get her to eat. she just sits there, blocking the whole world out. I'll leave her with a plate with a sandwich, and when I come back about an hour later, she hasn't even touched it.'
Miranda took sympathy upon Owen, and decided amelia would have to stay in hospital until she got into better condition, no matter how long it took.

about 20 minutes later, Amelia was being wheeled to CT. Owen stayed by her side the whole time. when they arrived, there was a queue for the CT room. Owen vaguely remembered chief Bailey mentioning something about only having 1 CT machine available for the time being.
'babe we're gonna be here for a few minutes, mind if I pop to the loo?' Owen tentatively asked. amelia glanced up at him, gave him a weak smile and shook her head. as Owen walked down the hall, amelia heard a voice that made her whole body recoil into itself and the breath got caught in her throat.
'hey there little miss brunette', the sick patient that had attacked amelia spat out. he had the same sly grin on his face that he always had and he never took his eyes off amelia. it was clear to amelia that he had been brought in for the horrific head lac he had on his forehead, and was also in line for the CT machine. the breath still refused to escape Amelia's throat, and she began to gasp, her pulse quickening by the second. she recognised her symptoms of a panic attack, but couldn't persuade her body to breath normally while that awful man lay there, his eyes piercing into her. her heart went into V-Fib and she began to loose consciousness. as her eyesight faded and everything turned black, the last thing she heard was Owen screaming her name, and the patient letting out a high pitched cackle. 

part 2 to the story, hope anyone that reads is liking it:) I like writing so I will continue to update as often as I can.