chapter 10

that very night, at around 3:00am, Amelia tossed and turned in her bed. not quite violently enough to wake a peacefully sleeping Owen next to her, but enough to make her break out in sweat and her hands grip the sheets. anyone who saw her would have thought something awful was going on in her head and she was trying to shake it out. she was however, asleep. the images running through her head were extremely terrifying to her. Owen and Amelia walked hand in hand down the street, just enjoying each other's company, when a driver lost control of his vehicle and rammed onto the sidewalk, whisking Owen with it as it sped fast. the truck only missed Amelia by a few inches, and a high pitched scream came from her lips as she rushed over to the now stationary vehicle. by the time she reached Owen and desperately felt his pulse, she realised that he has been killed on impact. she stayed there, crunched up on the floor, crying over his dead body....

Amelia shot bolt upright in bed, tears streaming down her face, her hands gripping the sheets for dear life. her head whipped round to look at Owen sleeping peacefully beside her. a sigh of relief escaped her lips, as she snuggled into his chest, her freezing cold hands wrapping around his waste and onto his other side. he drew a sharp breath as her icy cold hands came into contact with his body, he woke up and groggily whined
'Ameliaaa... what are you doing, your hands are freezing!'
she stayed silent, just holding him close and thanking god he was okay.
she finally whispered,
'thank you for not being dead.'
she felt Owen's head turn to look down at her and it was then that he noticed the tear stains down her face.
'what's-'
'just a dream' she cut him off.
without anymore questions, Owen wrapped his arms firmly around his terrified girlfriend and just held her.
'wanna talk about it?' Owen asked, giving her the option. he felt her shake her head gently against his chest.
'just hold me please' she sort of whimpered.
'of course.' he lay away until he heard her undisturbed breathing, indicating she had fallen back asleep, then let himself doze off once more.

sorry for the short chapter, i definitely need to start updating more often! sorry about that!