chapter 14

Amelia POV
once back at Meredith's, i crawl hopelessly into bed, not even changing out of my comfy shirt and leggings that i wore home from the hospital. my heart physically hurts - if that's even possible. i slowly cry myself to sleep, my hands wrapped around my stomach.

half way through the night, i fly out of bed, feeling sick coming up my throat. luckily i make it to the bathroom in time but empty all of my stomach's contests into the toilet. my eyes tear up mainly from exhaustion and my head hangs low, my hair sticking to the corners of my mouth. every part of me wishes Owen were here, he always used to hold my hair back and run circles on my back in attempts to soothe me. i throw up one more time, but when i'm going to flush the toilet, i notice that my puke is a rich red colour. i go to look in the mirror and the corners of my mouth are stained with blood. my eyes widen in terror and i hurriedly run down the hall to Mere's room.
'Mere! Mere wake up please!' I yell as a shooting pain writhes through my stomach. my face curls from the pain and Meredith slowly sits up to look at me.
'Amelia what on earth-' She stops when she sees me in agony and blood all around my mouth. That very moment however, my eyes begin to roll to the back of my head and i feel myself falling. none of that matters however as everything quickly turns to black.

Meredith POV
I'm woken by Amelia yelling at me to wake up. i groggily sit up on the bed and ask what the hell is going on. in that moment however, her eyes roll back and she begins to fall. my lightning fast reflexes are what save her from smacking her head on the floor and potentially injuring her and her baby badly. i kneel on the floor with her in my arms and begin to yell for Alex to come help. Within seconds he's in my room, looking tired but alarmed. i tell him everything i know and he gently lifts her from my arms and takes her into the car. we don't bother changing before speeding off to the hospital.

since it's 3am, the roads are quiet and we're at Grey Sloan Memorial within 5 minutes, and shortly after Amelia has been admitted into a bed in the ICU and is having tests run on her to locate the source of her problem.
'Have you called Owen?' Alex asks me.
i shake my head in response, to which he replies 'Don't you think you should Mere?'
'They argued again last night, she showed up in tears again!'
'I know that, but it's his kid in there, and if anything happened to Shepherd he'd never forgive us.' Alex reasoned with me. i sighed and pulled my phone out of my pocket, dialling Owen's number. after a few rings his half-asleep voice answers.
'Hello, Meredith?'
'Hi Owen, i'm at the hospital. no easy way to tell you this but Amelia was rushed in about 20 minutes ago after vomiting blood and passing out. she's been admitted now but we're still running tests.'
'Oh god! What the hell happened Mere?!' He freaks out- which was to be expected. 'Is the baby okay?!'
'The baby is fine for now but we still haven't figured out what the actual problem is.' I hear fumbling on the other end of the phone and the jingle of car keys.
'I'll be there as soon as i can Meredith, call me if she takes a dramatic turn for the worse!'
'Okay, see you soon.' He hangs up. 

Owen POV
I'm really trying not to speed as i make my way to the hospital. I should never have let her leave. No. I never should have said what i said. if i hadn't of said that, she never would have left, and maybe we could have caught this sooner, i should have been there for her.
Awful thoughts fill my head as i continue my drive, but mainly worry for the love of my life and my unborn baby.
When i arrive at the hospital, i sprint straight to the nurses station and find out where Amelia's room is. Once i'm there, i have the familiar cold stare of Meredith to greet me.
'What happened last night Owen?' I look to the floor.
'Owen??' She presses.
'I didn't want to tell her what happened between me and Riggs, and i said some things i shouldn't have.' I answer.
'All she does is care about you you know Owen? All she's ever trying to do is help and comfort you. Why do you turn her away?' My eyes finally travel up to meet hers and i shake my head.
'I don't know Meredith, i really, really don't.'
Just then Dr.Bailey arrives at our sides with a clip board in her hand.
'Okay guys, there's a bleed in Amelia's oesophagus. not sure how it was caused but i would have liked to catch it a little earlier. we'll be taking her up for surgery once an OR is booked to repair it.' She gives us a short smile and walks away to go prep for her surgery.
i sigh from relief and go to walk in and sit by Amelia's bedside but a hand wrapped around my arm stops me from entering.
'No Owen. don't you realise had you not been an ass and scared Amelia away, this may have been caught earlier? she would have told you about her stomach pain but she was all alone in her room at ours! I know she certainly wouldn't want you in her room at the moment and i'm going to honour her wishes!' And with that, Meredith slid the door to Amelia's room closer behind her and stubbornly sat down beside Amelia and took her hand.

sorry for not updating in forever, but it's the holidays so i've been pretty busy xx