chapter 3

Author POV:
they had by now got amelia in a trauma room, and were performing CPR, in a desperate attempt to bring her back to life. Maggie and Meredith were both part of the team trying to save her life - regardless of the fact you're not supposed to work on your family. Owen was forced to wait outside, and all he could do was sit on the floor, his knees scrunched up to his chest, head in his hands, silently crying for her. after around 5 minutes of this, everything went silent inside the trauma room and Meredith came out shortly after. Owen jumped up, terror in his eyes for the news she was about to give him.
'Amelia experienced a very severe panic attack when she came into contact with her attacker, that put too much stress on her heart.' Meredith began. Owen waited in suspense, and Meredith continued.
'We were however able to restart her heart' Meredith smiled. 'she's waking up now and I think she'll want to see you.' Owen breathed out a sigh of relief, thanked Meredith and rushed into the trauma room, where he saw Amelia fighting intubation, looking extremely panicked. Owen quickly rushed to her side and removed the tube down her throat and took a look at her. Amelia stared up at him, tears in her eyes, and then collapsed into his arms as he embraced her in a huge hug.

It was now 2 months after Amelia's attack. she was at home with Owen again, and had been eating a little bit more everyday. she was getting stronger, but was not completely mended yet. she and Owen had decided to go for a short walk on the land around the trailer. she stood in the mirror and stared at herself. she only wore her bra and underwear, and she could see her ribs and hip bones sticking out, and the bruises still all over her body. they hadn't healed completely yet and covered the majority of her. Owen walked in to see his girlfriend staring quizzically at herself in the mirror.
'my body is hideous, look at it' she shakily sighed, gesturing to her wounds.
'what are you talking about?' Owen asked. 'you're the most beautiful women I've ever seen.'
amelia let out a small smile and looked at Owen.  'thank you.' she blushed.
'just focus on getting you're body the way you would like it to be, and not care about anything else on the subject.' he walked over to Amelia, wrapped his arms around her lower torso and lifted her up in a huge hug. she quickly responded by wrapping her arms around his neck and burying her face in the crook of his neck.
'for the past few weeks...' Amelia started as Owen slowly put her down. 'I don't know how to thank you enough Owen. I'm on the mend again, and i could never have done any of this without you. if you weren't by my side, I'm sure I would have taken drugs to numb the pain, but you helped me push through. you truly are my hero, and...I...I love you' Amelia smiled and looked at the floor. Owen grinned, that was the first time she had ever said that to him.
'you've been so strong these part two months and I'm so proud of you Amelia. I love you too...so so much' Owen smiled and slowly leaned in to kiss Amelia, knowing that they hadn't kissed since before her attack and wondered if she was ready for this. Amelia smiled gently and slowly leaned in towards Owen. the kiss was soft and sent sparks flying through each of their bodies. it was gentle and slow, just what Amelia needed. they slowly pulled apart, their foreheads resting against each others, then made their way out of the trailer to go on their walk. they left the trailer, their hands entwined, like they were made to fit there.

sorry for the shortish chapter, will try and post an update as soon as I can!:)