chapter 5

Meredith POV
I slid the door to Amelia's hospital room closed, and set out to find Owen. She had asked me to tell him everything, as they had had a fight and Amelia didn't want to face him whilst she was so weak. well, she'd asked me to tell him almost everything. she wanted me to leave the pregnancy part out, just in case it wasn't his. I sighed. I'm angry at Owen for turning his back on Amelia, especially after Amelia told me that she had only pulled away from the kiss because of the pain in her head, which Owen hadn't even let her explain.

I found Owen in the scrub room of OR 2, scrubbing out of his successful emergency surgery.
'I need to talk to you' I stated.
'look Mere, if this is about Amelia, I don't want to here it. she's not ready for a serious relationship and I'm tired of playing games.'
'now shut up. you have no idea what happened and frankly I'm annoyed that you would just storm out on her like that.'
Owen looked up from where he was scrubbing, and shot me a puzzled look.
'she only pulled away from you because she had fallen and hit her head in the trailer this morning. she has a concussion and her head was hurting her. she tried to chase after you when you ran out, but then she collapsed.'
by now Owen had a panicked look on his face and urged me to finish my story.
'she's in a room now, being observed before she can go home.'
'oh Mere, I'm so stupid!' Owen sighed, tears pricking his eyes.
'she's never going to forgive me, what have I done?' the tears were falling now, Owen couldn't stop them.
'you need to go talk to her, try and apologise.'
'what room is she in? I'll go now' Owen asked.
'uhh well...' I stuttered, how could I tell Owen that Amelia was on the Gynaecology floor without telling him she was pregnant. I decided I would have to tell Owen, there was no way around it. Amelia would have to forgive me.
'she's in room sixty three-thirty two....of the Gyno floor.' I answered.
Owen looked up, with a puzzled look on his face. but then, his face relaxed out of the crease on his forehead and everything clicked into place.
'she's.....i-is she p-pregnant?' Owen stuttered. I nodded my head, waiting to see what his reaction would be.
'h-how far along?' he asked. the baby had to be his....please let it be his. if it was her attackers, that awful event would follow her for the rest of her life.
'we don't know yet, she's just curled up in her room and won't let anyone touch her to do any tests. the only thing she has said is when asking me to come and tell you everything as she didn't think she could do it without crying' I answer.
Owen's heart broke when I said that, I could see it on his face, ashamed he had made her feel that way.
'I'm going to go find her now and set things right...thank you for telling me Meredith and I'm sorry.'
'it's not me you should be apologising to, now go!' I shot back, my overprotective sisterly instincts kicking in.

Author POV
Owen finally found Amelia's room, and was just standing outside, too nervous and ashamed to go in. he poked his head round the door, and lay eyes on her fragile figure trembling as she quietly cried to herself. his heart broke at the sight and he went in, closing the door behind him. Amelia glanced up, lay eyes on Owen, pain and sorrow in her eyes.
'what are you doing here?' she sighed. instead of having anger in her voice like Owen had expected, there was just exhaustion.
'I.....I'm so sorry amelia. I can't believe what I did to you. it's truly awful, I'm sorry that you've had to go through this alone, waking up in a hospital bed on your own, finding out you're pregnant on your own'
Amelia's eyes darted to hit the floor, her lower lip trembled and tears came flooding down her face.
'how do you know about that?'
'you're on the Gyno floor'
Amelia sighed, she hadn't actually thought about that. she began to cry harder, and clutched her bed railing. Owen tried to walk over to her, all he wanted to do was hold her, tell her everything would be okay.
'no stop! you just walked out on me! you wouldn't even give me a chance to explain! I thought you loved me, but it only took you a split second to decide to throw our whole relationship away!' Amelia was sobbing now and struggling for breath.
'hey, please Amelia. I do love you. I love you more than anything in this world, and I can't believe what I did to you. please let me be here, I can't live without you...you're the love of my life and if this baby is mine-' Owen paused, not sure how to go on.
'that's the thing Owen, if, if the baby is yours. what if its not? what if it's that awful man's? you won't ever be able to look at me the same again!!' Amelia sobbed.
Owen climbed onto the bed and hugged Amelia tight to his chest while she cried and lay his head on top of hers.
'listen to me. I will never ever stop loving you, understand? if the baby is mine, then great, we can start a family, a little earlier than either of us expected but we can do it. and if its not, I'm never leaving your side, never. I will support you in any decision you chose to make and I will be here for you. you not going through this alone, I promise'
Amelia sighed and wiped her eyes, she'd left a huge wet patch on Owen's scrubs - not that he minded.
'you promise?' She weakly whispered.
'I promise.' Owen answered firmly. 

sorry! you'll have to wait until the next chapter to see who's the baby is:'D will get it up for you as soon as I can! :)