Children of the Damned/ Fool Me Once (Edited)

(The Gilbert Residence)

Bella's POV.

This morning Elena and Stefan told me about how they were fooling Damon into thinking that they were helping him get Katherine out of the tomb, when actually they were going to destroy his plan at the last minute. An right now I was up stairs in my room finishing some school projects since I've being skipping school a little too much with all this supernatural stuff going on.

"Bella, Stefan has went see Mr. Saltzman about the Jonathan Gilbert journal since that's where the vampire guy from the dance said we would find the grimoir." Elena tells me as she enters my room, and she looks at the books and papers on and around my bed "School stuff? Completely forgot about that." She almost jokes, and I sigh as I put a pencil behind my ear.

"Yeah, its just all of this supernatural stuff, I don't have time." I tell her, and she walks over to one of my unfinished art class drawings

"What is that smell?" I ask her as I smell something cooking, and she shrugs her shoulders confused as we walk downstairs. When we walk into the kitchen we strangely see Damon cooking and Jenna watching him whilst drinking a glass of wine.

"Hello, Bella, Elena." Damon says to us, and Jenna turns to face us as we look at Damon confused.

"Hey. Where have you been? We're cooking dinner." Jenna tells us, but I looks like Damon is the only one cooking.

"Is Stefan with you?" Damon asks us. Oh no, he's on to us.

"Um, he'll be here soon." Elena says calmly.

As Damon begins to set the dinner table, I carry the plates towards the table as he walks back into the kitchen, and he deliberately bumps into me.

"Whoa. Mmm." Damon's says like it was an accident, and I just smile and shake my head annoyed as I move past him.

"Don't do that." I tell him as I place the plates on the table.

"Do what?" Damon fakes his innocence.

"You know what. That move was deliberate." I tell him as I stand next to him in the kitchen.

"Well, yeah, I was deliberately trying to get to the sink." He tells me, and he stands in front of me before gently pressing our chests together and reaches for something behind me "A little nervous, are we?" He whispers in my ear as he refers to my fast beating heart, and he pulls back with a wooden spoon in his hand.

"No, just annoyed that you are plying my innocent aunt with wine." I tell him, and I sit up on the bench as Elena enters the room.

"Elena, speaking of Stefan, where is he? He's missing family night, which I am enjoying immensely." Damon asks her "Is it real?" Damon asks changing the subject, and he turns to face Elena.

"Is what real?" Elena asks him confused.

"This renewed sense of brotherhood." I tell her, and Damon takes the spoon out of the sauce pot and places it near my mouth.

"Can I trust him?" Damon asks us, and I hesitantly taste the sauce as I feel my heartbeat quicken.

"Yes, you can trust him." Elena tells him boldly a she takes the napkins. And Damon suddenly vamp speeds over to her. Elena turns around and looks up at him.

"Can I trust him?" Damon asks her as he looks into her eyes, but he doesn't seem to be compelling her.

"I'm wearing vervain, Damon. It's not going to work." Elena scoffs.

"I'm not compelling you. I just want you to answer me. Honestly." Damon says to her, and he takes a step back.

"Of course you can." Elena tells him in a relaxed tone before moving around him and towards the dinning room.