A Few Good Men (Edited)

(The Gilbert Residence)

Bella's POV.

After I had went to sleep, Elena had woke me up a few hours later saying that Bonnie's grams' had died, I couldn't believe it. I had this gut feeling that something bad was going to happen and I should've gone with Elena to see her. After the funeral I had gave her a few hugs and comforted her along with Elena, and now she is staying with her aunt for a while.

Anyways right now I'm sitting in Elena's bedroom while she is putting away clothes in her drawer. Suddenly Stefan shows up, making me jump, and we start discussing about mine and Elena's birth mother.

"Alaric's wife might have been your mother?" Stefan tells us, I couldn't believe it. Wait, does that mean Alaric might be our step father? Creepy.

"It can't be true, right? I mean, the coincidence alone is just crazy." Elena says to us, but I think she just trying to convince herself that it isn't true. She turns around to look at Stefan and holds up a post-it note "I have the address for her friend Trudie." She says to him, she had already showed me it earlier, but I said it was a bad idea.

"You wanna talk to her." Stefan asks us whilst holding Elena's hand and looking back and forth between me and Elena.

"I don't know. I...I--I don't know. If it's true and they are the same person, that means that my birth mother is dead, and I don't know if I could handle that." Elena says to him sadly, then he looks at me.

"Well if you want me to be honest, no. I don't want to go see her because A. if she turns out to be dead then that means we just have another parent to grieve over, and B. If she is alive I'm not going to use her to replace my real parents" I say to them as I get up from Elena's bed and head over to Elena's dresser, I pick up a picture of our family "These are our parents Elena, our family. Me, you, mom, dad and Jeremy. And I don't want to see her in it, because I've never seen her in it and I don't have to start seeing her in it now." I tell her still showing her the picture. I then feel tears begging to fill my eyes just thinking about them "Anyways Elena, if you want to find her. Find her, but just know I don't want any part in it." I then start to feel tears fall down my face "Uh, excuse me I-I need to be somewhere." I say to them as I leave the room and shut the door behind me.

I stood behind Elena's bedroom door for a few seconds as tears began to fall down my face, I tried to think about where I should go and the only place I could think of was being with Damon. I knew he would have alcohol, and a lot of it, that's the only thing I could think of to wash away my sorrows. So I made my way down stairs whilst wiping away my tears and grabbing my jacket as I walked straight out of the front door and into my car, then I just started driving, but seconds later I felt the tears come back.

(Skip to The Salvatore Boarding House)

I finally get to the boarding house and wipe away my tears before I go in. As I walked through the house I could hear loud music blasting from the parlour so I decided to go and investigate. I walk in and I see Damon dancing on the table with about five or six half-naked girls.

"Damon?" I ask him confused, he turns around and see's me. He jumps off of the table with a bottle of bourbon and walks over to me.

"Bella, what are you doing here?" He asks me with his drunk breath inches away from my face.

"I'm here to get wasted" I tell him simply whilst I take the bottle from him and start gulping it down, but Damon takes it back and sits down on the sofa.

"Why, what's going on in the old Gilbert household?" He asks me as I sit down next to him.

"Well, Elena want's to find our birth mother to see if she's still alive, but if she's not I know she is just going to end up grieving over another loss. Although, if she is alive I don't want her anywhere near my family, I don't want her to mess up our family more than it already is." I tell him honestly.