New Friend👍

"I'm sorry you had to hear all of that," I said as I passed my hand through my hair, which reminded me I had to change it. 

"That's how you talk to your brother?" Danica asked, I shook my head and looked down at my hand thinking of a way to release my anger without punching something.

I shouldn't have hung up like that, I could have just described to him where I was and get the hell out of there but Alfonso was looking for me. I couldn't go home and be welcomed by the same thing I tried to kill for months, it's like a butterfly flying around a spider web but turning around and flying right into the web. 

If the stories of how Alfonso treated his toys when he got bored was true, I'd be beaten to a bloody pulp and sent to my bed until he was ready to play again. Not only was he going to get bored with me fast but he was also going to kill me for trying to kill him for a whole year straight. 

"What did your brother say?" I looked up surprised but still very much in my head thinking. 

Unsure of what to respond with I muttered a quick, "He said he wouldn't be able to pick me up," and moved away from the phone. With my back turned to Vincent I thought of places to go, I heard movement and then a door opening. 

"Here is a blanket you're sleeping on the floor." I looked up just in time to catch the blanket Vincent was throwing at me.

"Why can't I sleep on the couch?" I protested as I held the blanket closer to me.

"I don't like you very much so I rather you sleep on the floor," Vincent said, I glared at him before realising he'll be sleeping upstairs I could simply just go on the couch then.

"That's not very nice Vincent," Danica told her brother. Vincent looked down at her and shook his head.

"This world isn't very nice," he said turned to walk upstairs.

"Time for bed Danica, it's way past your bedtime," Vincent spoke firmly as he pointed upstairs. Danica turned to me giving me a very cute wave before running up the stairs. 

I heard a door open and then close, I looked around for a light switch. When I found it I turned off the light, I walked back to the kitchen and took off those lights too. As I was walking out of the room I looked at the phone debating strongly on if I should call someone again, not Adam or anybody in my family. Maybe Kaylee or one of her friends, somebody who didn't know me or wanted the best for me. 

I left the phone right where it was and walked out of the room, I sat on the floor and watched as shadows seem to run across my vision. 

Is this house haunted or something?

I lay down and put the blanket over me, I just look at the shadows as they move. One by one they ran in and out of my vision making me see different people in the faces of the shadow.

Vincent.

That name sound so familiar like if I've heard the name a million times but I couldn't put a face to the name.

Was he a member of the gang? Nah he would have known who I was the minute he saw me.

Was he a pass client? No, then I'll most likely know him.

Vincent...

Vincent......

Vincent.........

I have never had this much difficulty remembering a stupid name of a stupid person, I bet Vincent is just a name I heard and by hearing it again I think I know him.

Right, that answer sounded right to me. 

I wonder how old Danica was?

Knock

Knock

Knock

I read once that when you hear three knocks on a door that it was the devil coming for your soul.  

"Vincent!"

I bolted up from the floor when I realised the voice, I wasn't very far off when I said it was the devil. I ran upstairs and started knocking on doors, I went down the hall knocking doors until I heard a response. 

"Sonya, what are you doing?" I looked up and saw Danica standing by the first door rubbing the sleep from her eyes. 

"Where's Vincent room?" I rushed out. Danica pointed to the room next to hers. 

"Vincent, Open up!"

Danica jumped when she heard the voice and started knocking on Vincent door, I was more than glad I wasn't the only one who's scared to hell by that beast.  I ran to the door and helped her. Vincent opened the door with a glare.

"What do you want, why are you up?" he asked us angrily. I pointed downstairs at the knocking that came again, Vincent looked at me confused, for a minute everything was quiet.

"Vincent!"

Vincent's eyes went wide, he pushed Danica and me into his room and closed the door shut behind him. I heard him run downstairs to the door, in a matter of seconds the front door was opened.

I tried to listen but they were talking in a hushed tone, Danica went to Vincent king size bed and fell asleep again as if the entire situation was normal. How could she be sleeping during a situation like that? I had no answer.

They stop speaking for a minute and I got scared, I put my ear against the door trying to hear what was going on. 

"You sure?" 

"Yea she left," Vincent said. I heard footsteps coming in direction and doors being opened one by one. I pushed away from the door and got under the bed as quietly as I possibly could, Vincent bedroom door flung open only a few minutes after.

I saw the two pairs of legs walking around the room, one was barefoot and the other was wearing designer shoes. I got further under the bed making myself look as small as possible, the barefoot person - Vincent - walked to the bed and the dent in the bed was lifted up meaning he picked up Danica.

"Which way did you see her go?" 

"When she saw us she just ran north," Vincent lied, the person with the shoes on walked closer to the bed.

My stomach fell, my hands started to shake and it became hard to breathe, I was scared he'll find me. If he found me he might kill Vincent and Danica for lying about where I was, there was a moment of hesitation in the man's footsteps as he approached the bed.

"North you say?"

"Yeah, left the car and everything," Vincent sounded very believable. The man turned and started out of the room. 

"I'll trust your words, if she comes back please don't hesitate to call me."

The man left the room.